Is HM Revenue & Customs linked to credit rating?

Please do not judge me.

I have moved to Germany for a couple of years leaving some debt in the UK that I cannot afford to pay off right now.

I have been asked to obtain the PDU01 form. I am wondering if HM Revenue & Customs learn of my new address will my credit rating from the UK follow me as well?

Thanks for your help.

I'm not 100% sure but I know between other countries outside the EU your credit rating does not follow you. I'm pretty sure its world wide as there is no way a credit ratings company can prove you are this person in another country.

I'm not 100% sure but I know between other countries outside the EU your credit rating does not follow you. I'm pretty sure its world wide as there is no way a credit ratings company can prove you are this person in another country.

Thanks so much.

Can anyone else advise?

Please do not judge me.

I have moved to Germany for a couple of years leaving some debt in the UK that I cannot afford to pay off right now.

I have been asked to obtain the PDU01 form. I am wondering if HM Revenue & Customs learn of my new address will my credit rating from the UK follow me as well?

Thanks for your help.

UK DEBT WHEN MOVING ABROAD

Germany and Canada have reciprocal agreements with the UK when it comes to tracing debtors and debt collection practices.

FAQs: Debt and moving abroad

You may think that a good way to avoid your debt situation is to move abroad. Whilst escaping creditors may seem like an appealing option, you need to think it through properly. Running from your creditors can have serious consequences, not to mention the huge interest and legal costs you may be liable to pay eventually. Even if you never plan on returning to the UK, your debt problems can follow you abroad.

Credit rating is one thing but debt is another. Your credit rating will not follow you but your debts may do, but then you have the 6 year cut off for chasing a debt. If your creditor has not been able to find you for 7 years as you have been out of the country, they have no legal right to make you pay it once you return or can they effect your credit rating.

This is the law that means any debt you have not acknowledged in 6 years as yours:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1980/58#pt1-pb3-l1g6

In a nutshell, if it is an unsecured debt over 6 years old and you haven’t acknowledged it or paid anything towards it for over 6 years and there is no CCJ outstanding on the debt, you can have the debt written off with relative ease.

Credit rating is one thing but debt is another. Your credit rating will not follow you but your debts may do, but then you have the 6 year cut off for chasing a debt. If your creditor has not been able to find you for 7 years as you have been out of the country, they have no legal right to make you pay it once you return or can they effect your credit rating.

According to the links I provided it’s not about not finding them, it’s about not pursuing the debt, so as long as the company is looking for them the debt is never written off and any costs incurred in the search are added to the debt.

According to the links I provided it’s not about not finding them, it’s about not pursuing the debt, so as long as the company is looking for them the debt is never written off and any costs incurred in the search are added to the debt.

that is incorrect. there has to be contact and the person has to have acknowledged the debt is there's.

that is incorrect. there has to be contact and the person has to have acknowledged the debt is there's.

The CCJ can be issued even if the person running from their debts can't be found, and once issued the debt doesn't expire.

The CCJ can be issued even if the person running from their debts can't be found, and once issued the debt doesn't expire.

Yes but without an address to connect the person to and the limitation on credit reports, the CCJ will be worthless after 6 years anyway.

Archived