X-country for children

Hi,

My 9 year old daughter has been running in the primary schools cross country races is really keen at doing some more. Does anyone know anywhere that children can train together for cross country? She would quite happy just running round Norfolk park each evening, but I can't keep up and :hihi: and obviously don't trust the park for a 9 year old to be running there on her own.

I know EIS do an athletics programme for children, but at the moment finances wont stretch to their fees, so I'm looking for somewhere cheaper than them for her.

Have you looked into Hallamshire Harriers. They train from hillsborough arena car park on tues and thurs. i think its 6pm. Not sure about their sessions in different parts of the city. I havent got contact details but can get from a friend if you are interested.

Yes try us at hallamshire harriers, ask for Russell. If its the same school xc's that I am thinking of ask for Steve Moran when your at the next one. Another of our coaches.

Alternatively you could take her to one of the parkruns, a free 5k at 9am on Saturday mornings. I would love her to come to Hillsborough parkrun but endcliffe park and graves parkruns are nearer to you. Mate of mine is trying to organise one in Norfolk park but that is months away.

Archived