Anyone seen the new locksmiths ads about eurolocks?

I just wondered if anyone has seen the new adverts in the free papers for the replacing of your old and 'unsafe' eurolocks with new and improved versions. These ads say that your old locks in upvc doors are easy to access with everyday tools and your house is at risk from burgulary if you don't fit these new and improved versions to your doors right now.

Does anyone know if it is correct that your old locks will only take 30 seconds to bypass by an experienced thief? The reason I ask is that I see so many police shows where they spend ages battering down upvc doors to try and get to the druggies inside, while the druggies flush away the evidence, when they could just use the technique the locksmiths know to gain entry quietly and quickly.

Do the police just like making a meal of things or are these adverts misleading? I would love to know.

It is true the older locks can be defeated very quickly, sometimes in less than a minute.The newer more secure locks are tougher to defeat, taking longer to bypass. Some are better than others. Locks are just part of your defence though.

There's lots of threads on here about it, many of which off practical anti-burglary advice not just about locks

yes, i can get into a eurocylinder lock in under a minute, i bought my anti snap anti bump cylinder from ebay for only £13. change the lock yourself, its less than 5 minutes work even if you haven't done it before.

as for the police battering the doors down, i suppose they have to. for all they know there could be a chain or internal dead locks on it.

Archived