HaHa Bar

karl2784

left workin there after 3 years about a year ago and find the thread here very interesting. when i first started it was all about top service and fresh produce but increasingly became more about the mighty pound! turning over tables faster, taking out hand pulled beer cos it was too much trouble, reducing staff hours to cut costs at the detriment of good service and taking on too many part timers who saw it as an easy job when it needs dedicated and well trained staff. it has become a victim to its own success and a take over by laurel pub company has made it into yet another generic town centre bar with robotic staff who always have to "get a manager" when a little common sense would do. these arent the words of a bitter ex-member of staff by the way, i just think its a shame that a bar that has such a great position and potential does not listen to the people who could help it the most. does anyone know what happened to the guy who dj-ed on fridays by the way?? he played some top records and never failed to play requests (9-to 5 rules after a day at work!!!)

piccolinos thats owned by manchesters 'bar and grill' opens in november too just behind cafe rouge there so itll be interesting how all this competition affects the bar

it has gone down hill in the service department over the last few years, the staff there are ****ing rubbish too, they look at you and say nothing sometimes its like hello, get me a beer you dumbass then please charge me the earth for it.

For the record the DJ is now at the roebuck which is getting itself a good little vibe on saturdays now, anyone who moaned about the loud music should go there to complain, thats if you can get out of your comfy chairs and get yer teeth in before it closes:banana:

Archived