Hot roast pork sarnies

I don't like Beres either - find the meat tasteless and dry , the cracking greasy . the stuffing watery . the apple sauce synthetic and and the dip just not pleasant at all.

The breads not bad if it is a fresh roll.

Errrr sloppy stuffing.

Not a big fan of Beres,, way too expensive and the meat looks like it's made up of offcuts glued together (all different colours)

At that price I would at least expect same quality as the independent shops.

To be fair to the folks at Beres, that could be down to the curing process which turns the outer part of the meat a pink colour when it's cooked, whilst the inner is grey.

Personally I prefer the scrappy/fatty bits of pork shoulder, than the lean of leg or loin which can be too dry for my taste.

I think Helen's are awful, the meat is a shredded sloppy mess like it's been sat in warm fat all day, really, really greasy!

I like the pork to be carved in slices, sweet apple sauce, warm stuffing, and a good quality dip, crunchy crackling and a fresh breadcake. If anyone knows where that's possible, give me a shout :)

me !! fatty belly slow cooked and then crisped up on high - perfect crackling, juicy crispy meat chopped up - slices of apple baked with a bit of brown sugar and cinnamon, thin sliced onions and thyme and pepper fried in beef dripping, crusty bread smeared with dripping and then toasted in hot iron pan.

thats a pig butty.

me !! fatty belly slow cooked and then crisped up on high - perfect crackling, juicy crispy meat chopped up - slices of apple baked with a bit of brown sugar and cinnamon, thin sliced onions and thyme and pepper fried in beef dripping, crusty bread smeared with dripping and then toasted in hot iron pan.

thats a pig butty.

Now that sounds good (perhaps I would forego the dripping...........)

Helens in Hillsborough!!!!:)

Now that sounds good (perhaps I would forego the dripping...........)

eat it regularly and die of heart disease or constipation - the dripping is obligatory!!

hallowe'en , bonny night nowt better.

Archived