Daily mail article - cold sore virus

Would people please read and share this article in the daily mail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2287767/Two-month-old-baby-boy-killed-cold-sore-virus-loving-kiss-father.html?fb_action_ids=10151793603859852&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

I've posted my story before, and some may remember, my son suffered the same illness. He survived but was left severely brain damaged. I had never heard of it before, and I've been trying to raise awareness of this for years.

My story is the link in my signature.

Thanks for reading

I was telling a lady in the bank about what happened to your Matty, Honeyb:- she had come out with a cold-sore for the very first time, and I was warning her that whatever she does, not to kiss her little-ies, whilstever she had the cold sore.

And then the very next day, this terribly sad story is published about that tiny premature baby!

One of my sister's closest friends was extremely lucky when her little one survived unscathed having had the same thing happen to him when he was 3 months old. Whoever spreads this virus around without thinking of the devastating effects that it can have for both the very young and those who may have immune system problems really do need to learn that it can be a serious danger and keep the virus to themselves.

Thank you all. After talking to others, who also hadn't heard of this, it was suggested that this information is something that should be included in the child health books (the red ones given by the health visitor) to make new parents aware of the dangers. I'm currently in the process of contacting my MP to see if this could be done. If others are able to, that would be great!

Thank you all. After talking to others, who also hadn't heard of this, it was suggested that this information is something that should be included in the child health books (the red ones given by the health visitor) to make new parents aware of the dangers. I'm currently in the process of contacting my MP to see if this could be done. If others are able to, that would be great!

I have contacted mine - including your story and the daily mail article.

Archived