Amazon Prime charge

I haven't used Amazon a great deal in the past but recently bought a couple of items on there.

When paying off my visa I noticed there where 3 charges on there instead of two.

I recognised two of them but one for £49.00 I didn't so I rang my visa company to challange it and they stop me in my tracks and said it was a charge for prime delivery service and its £49 a year, now I explained I never signed up to this (knowingly) and they told me its a common complaint that people don't realise they have signed to it.

I was given Amazon's number and rang them and add they were helpfull and now its been resolved.

Has anyone else had this charge unknowingly or maybe you have but don't realise.

You probably clicked on to have something delivered with Free Next Day Delivery without realising that it actually puts you in the trial period of Amazon Prime. If you fail to cancel it before the trial ends, they will charge you a full year for it.

If you check back through your orders in your Amazon account, look for an item you ordered about a month before you were charged - the delivery details will be detailed there.

Amazon offered me a 30 free trial for prime, which I signed up too but I did notice that if I didn't cancel prime within the 30 day period then it would auto renew at £49.99

I cancelled within the 30 day free trial period, easily done by logging into my Amazon account and unchecking the prime option.

I wonder if people have been caught out by ordering something and taking up the free prime delivery offer but then forgetting to uncheck the auto renew option.

Archived