Tangerine Cafe, Leppings Lane/Catchbar Lane Crossroads 1970's

Anyone remember the Tangerine (all night) Cafe (1970's) situated on the crossroads just above where Grahams Tyres is now? Think it's a chippy now. Used to call in there after a few beers down Wadsley Bridge mid 70's for a bacon sandwich and a game of pinball. Seem to remember the owner was a portly bloke with a beard but can't remember his name :)

Graham did cross my mind but I thought I'd been influenced by Grahams Tyres. Remember the woman being petite. Was the only place open after 10:30pm back then, a little oasis. Cheers Jacko 1

I used to go in there every night when I had finished my shift as a taxi driver. About 8 of us used to get there about 3 o'clock and stay there playing cards until about 7 o'clock. I seem to think his name was Big John, but I'm not sure. He originaly had a cafe on Spitall Hill before he moved to Leppings Lane.

Archived