Bankers bonuses - Osborne Stands Alone

So now we have to pay bankers more. Brilliant. The EU realy are morons.

Really, is this the best the log deliverer can do?

---------- Post added 06-03-2013 at 00:17 ----------

It might be a blessing if the bankers did go elsewhere then they can't make another mess here - their cv wouldn't be much good:P

Don't you know the scum are indispensible?

I might be wrong on this, but isn't the financial industry still propping up Britain's finances in a way that doesn't apply to the rest of Europe?

I'm open to persuasion on this one, if it's true I wish it wasn't so, but maybe we need to be careful what we wish for...

I might be wrong on this, but isn't the financial industry still propping up Britain's finances in a way that doesn't apply to the rest of Europe?

I'm open to persuasion on this one, if it's true I wish it wasn't so, but maybe we need to be careful what we wish for...

In a word, yes. This will cost the UK a fortune if it goes through

The next logical stage would be to control base salaries if banks continued to misbehave.

60 maybe even 70p tax rate for anyone earning over half a million or something?

Mind you it'd probably just increase tax evasion :(

What now for Osborne?

Outvoted 26-1 by EU finance ministers, just days after the Swiss people vote 68% in favour of similar rules.

W e either need to be in the EU and work together, or come out. Osbourne and friends will always look after the people in the millionaires club.

In a word, yes. This will cost the UK a fortune if it goes through

Havnt the bankers already dropped us in it?

W e either need to be in the EU and work together, or come out. Osbourne and friends will always look after the people in the millionaires club.

Havnt the bankers already dropped us in it?

I know, I know, it's sickening isn't it. Unfortunately it looks like punishing them will be cutting our own throats as well... at the moment.

Our time will come... I'm sure of it.

I know, I know, it's sickening isn't it. Unfortunately it looks like punishing them will be cutting our own throats as well... at the moment.

Many public sector workers(including many councillors and MPs) have seen their effective pay cut; since the onset of the recession in 2008, the real value of wages in the public and private sectors had fallen by 7%. I havnt noticed any difference in their work rate.

So cut the bankers pay, and they might just carry on the same as before?

Boris Johnson's scare story about London bankers leaving for Zurich was complete rubbish too - the Swiss don't want them.
Johnson was probably misinformed or just, well, 'being Boris' :hihi:

The Swiss and most of the EU don't want them, but South East Asian countries are swimming in cash and crying for them.

It's not so much a problem for the UK, as for pretty much the whole of the EU: this latest move is simply precipitating the transfer of wealth and competitivity to the East that little bit faster. That picture is getting clearer by the day.

That's funny, plenty on here are quick to accuse the government of doing U-turns for something which proves to be unpopular.

So which is it?

Although I'm not sure what the will of the people is since they'd probably all say different things, what you just said in reply to geared's post doesn't make much sense.

Archived