Fog and speeding

Once again I would like to remind the ignorant about what fog lights are for. I drove right across the city after dawn this morning and was dazzled all the way with idiots with fog lights on.

Nowhere was the visibility bad enough for the legal requirement for the use of fog lights.

The legal requirement for foglights is visibility less than 100 metres.

That is a serious pea soup condition, not what we had today.

It is about time the police started issuing £80 fines for the ignorant car drivers.

The legal requirement for foglights is visibility less than 100 metres.

I would like to point out that the legal requirement is for head lights, not fog lights.

'Resident' should take note too, it might work ferfectly well with side lights and fog lights, but the rules say head lights are a MUST

I would like to point out that the legal requirement is for head lights, not fog lights.

'Resident' should take note too, it might work ferfectly well with side lights and fog lights, but the rules say head lights are a MUST

Actually I disagree.

From the Highway code - Rules 236 and 226.. You can clearly see that poor visibility is defined as less than 100 metres and only then may you use front or rear fog lights.

You MUST NOT use front or rear fog lights unless visibility is seriously reduced (see Rule 226) as they dazzle other road users and can obscure your brake lights. You MUST switch them off when visibility improves.

Law RVLR regs 25 & 27

You MUST use headlights when visibility is seriously reduced, generally when you cannot see for more than 100 metres (328 feet). You may also use front or rear fog lights but you MUST switch them off when visibility improves (see Rule 236).Law RVLR regs 25 & 27

https://www.gov.uk/driving-adverse-weather-conditions-226-to-237/fog-234-to-236

Hi

Its been really foggy this morning, and some drivers didnt have any lights on at all.

Last night at 7pm I saw a driver in Millhouses with no lights on driving along Abbeydale Road South towards town. Sadly some drivers seem to think darkness as well as fog is not a reason to check they have enough visibility.

What surprised me this morning when I saw numpties driving around with no lights on was that they weren't elderly or middle aged people - many were younger drivers in their twenties. Not quite what I would have expected.

As an "elderly" driver (and shock horror FEMALE ASWELL) i can assure you that i WAS driving with lights on plus rear fog light this morning and counted at least 8 drivers without any lights

Actually I disagree.

From the Highway code - Rules 236 and 226.. You can clearly see that poor visibility is defined as less than 100 metres and only then may you use front or rear fog lights.

You MUST NOT use front or rear fog lights unless visibility is seriously reduced (see Rule 226) as they dazzle other road users and can obscure your brake lights. You MUST switch them off when visibility improves.

Law RVLR regs 25 & 27

You MUST use headlights when visibility is seriously reduced, generally when you cannot see for more than 100 metres (328 feet). You may also use front or rear fog lights but you MUST switch them off when visibility improves (see Rule 236).Law RVLR regs 25 & 27

https://www.gov.uk/driving-adverse-weather-conditions-226-to-237/fog-234-to-236

Correct! :clap:

Actually I disagree.

Law RVLR regs 25 & 27

It is not saying that you MUST use fog lights.

Archived