Royal Bank of Scotland

Just heard on the news that RSB are going to split the Bank OWNED BY US and give the successful part back into private hands, and leave the toxic bit still in public ownership.......

Sorry... but didn't I pay for this business?

I don't recall having a referendum, or being consulted.

Still: who cares?

Just heard on the news that RSB are going to split the Bank OWNED BY US and give the successful part back into private hands, and leave the toxic bit still in public ownership.......

You should have listened more carefully.

The outgoing[1] governor of the Bank of England Mervyn King has suggested that it could be split. George Osbourne disagrees with that.

Guardian report here.

Beeb report that says the head of RBS thinks it can be sold without splitting within two years.

[1] Only two months left in the job.

Did Gordon Brown consult you when he bought the useless stock on your behalf? No he didn't. Did he hold a referendum? No he didn't.

As the bank isn't being split up, and it was just a suggestion by Mervyn King it demonstrates that you probably don't understand the situation. That's probably why Gordon Brown didn't consult you. :hihi:

Did Gordon Brown consult you when he bought the useless stock on your behalf? No he didn't. Did he hold a referendum? No he didn't.

As the bank isn't being split up, and it was just a suggestion by Mervyn King it demonstrates that you probably don't understand the situation. That's probably why Gordon Brown didn't consult you. :hihi:

Ha! I like it. :)

Archived