First or stagecoach , who has worst driving skills

Who has the worst bus drivers  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the worst bus drivers

• Stagecoach
    • First

Who has worst driving skills from a car user point of view as you meet or pass them on our roads ?

My vote is stagecoach

They pull in diagonal across 2 lanes sometimes to collect passengers , some drive from miles with indicators on. This all happens to me around morrisons area of ecclesfield around the police station.

Who has worst driving skills from a car user point of view as you meet or pass them on our roads ?

My vote is stagecoach

They pull in diagonal across 2 lanes sometimes to collect passengers , some drive from miles with indicators on. This all happens to me around morrisons area of ecclesfield around the police station.

Pulling in diagonally is a throwback to the days of the 'Bus Wars' in Sheffield in the early 90s when buses pulled onto stops like that to prevent another bus passing it,old habits die hard !!!

pretty much both as bad as each other as i think, its a mind set in these drivers, most "re trained" from other now dead industries! pulling out from a stop without indicating and pulling in diagonally as others have said, pure lazyness, why not pull up to the stop paralell??? one of the worst places for this is woodseats, holding traffic up! as if woodseats isnt bad enough!

I propose a new pole, who is the better driver,

A/ A Sheffield Car 'driver' (I use the term very loosely)

B/ A mentally retarded Baboon who has somehow stumbled across a parked car with it's engine running and managed to put it into gear and drive.

Honestly, I'm going to go with the monkey. Better looking than most of the **** for brains neanderthals who think having a nurburgring sticker and watching T*p G**r every Sunday qualifies them as being a good driver, as well.

First. I don't know how much as a proportion of my fare goes to replacing the bumpers but it seems like they think nothing of grazing it down the curb of every stop they call at.

I know it's a stressful job, it annoys me just as much as them when a queue full of retards who have been stood waiting for 10 minutes, then spend a further 5 minutes at the front of the bus getting they fare or pass out instead of sorting it out whilst they were waiting, maybe scraping the bumper is cathartic.

First. I don't know how much as a proportion of my fare goes to replacing the bumpers but it seems like they think nothing of grazing it down the curb of every stop they call at.

I know it's a stressful job, it annoys me just as much as them when a queue full of retards who have been stood waiting for 10 minutes, then spend a further 5 minutes at the front of the bus getting they fare or pass out instead of sorting it out whilst they were waiting, maybe scraping the bumper is cathartic.

The scraping you hear is not normally the bumper, more likely to be combination of the front wheels/underside of the loading platform as the front of the bus sweeps over the kerb edge (especially true when passengers are waiting on the platform weighing it down).

This is more often than not due to the dual problems of high kerbs (usually in town, where I'm sure you've noticed this more than anywhere else?) and crappy road surface condition (quite often the tarmac that runs along side the kerb at a bus stop is badly pitted or raised/warped forcing the bus either to sink or 'pop' up, usually just before coming down with a crash!). Add to this that most buses are fitted with self-levelling suspension which over time wears and becomes erratic in use, and hence you have the problem of the scraping sound as you pull in to some stops.

Archived