Eurovision 2013 megathread !

Grissom

She always did and still does look as though she's lost her false teeth !!

I don't rate the song much but I think it is better than last years effort.

With all the tactical voting though we never stand much of a chance do we ?

I still like to watch it though. I'm a glutton for punishment ! :hihi:

Jedward or whatever they're called or other dross disguised now as music.

When Jedward represented Ireland they finished higher than the UK entry. 46 points vs. 12.

They may beat us again this year.

Eurovision became pointless years ago. As Terry Wogan said, in response to patently obvious political bloc voting: "You have to say that this is no longer a music contest".

We need a corny upbeat Euro pop song to have any chance of finishing higher than 38th.

And Scoot did so well didn't they?

To have any chance of winning we need to enter a good popular song. Only a handful of countries still have this weird belief that Eurovision is all about corny cheesy songs, and none of them win.

On the other hand, it's cheaper than a normal Saturday night's TV, so provided we don't win, it's good value for money for licence fee payers.

She always did and still does look as though she's lost her false teeth !!

Yes! That's so true. Helena Christenson does as well, but somehow (can't imagine why :) ) still looks lovely. Poor Bonnie though, has more of a look of my old Great Aunt Lil (whose chin could meet her nose, given the right expression - fascinated us no end when we were kids).

Also, Bonnie Tyler's voice used to bug me something chronic, made you want to shout "Cough for christ's sake woman" at the radio. I've mellowed since....

Poor song though.

Here are my thoughts on the first semi final. Scott Mills doing OK job presenting tonight, not sure about his co host

Slovenian entry had promise but dont like her singing

Denmark tipped to do well, can see why

Russia had a nice tune to it

Belarus - majorly distracted by her fab legs :love:

Cyprus - sounds great and she looks fab too !

Noticed that quite a few singers had been past winners of the voice in their countries, not sure if this is a good thing or not ?

Archived