Men with toupes. Why? why? why?

Last night we went out for a drink and there was a guy sitting a couple of tables away wearing a particularly awful toupe. Not so much a rug as a carpet tile. Your eyes were sort of drawn to the join between his jet black mop and the thinning grey of his receding hair. You looked around and noticed other folks eyes were drawn to him and he obviously felt very self conscious and fully aware that he was fooling no one.

So why do some folk feel drawn to spend large sums on these things? His mates seemed happy to be going grey and thinning on top. Surely it is better to grow old gracefully than to make yourself look a prize pillock by wearing a dead rabbit on your head.

When I was nursing I had a date with a doctor who met me outside a cinema. It was very windy, and he was wearing a toupee. A gust of wind suddenly blew his toupee off, and he calmly ran after it, picked it up, shook it, and placed it back onto his head. Needless to say I never went out with him again !!:roll:

When I was nursing I had a date with a doctor who met me outside a cinema. It was very windy, and he was wearing a toupee. A gust of wind suddenly blew his toupee off, and he calmly ran after it, picked it up, shook it, and placed it back onto his head. Needless to say I never went out with him again !!:roll:

Reading this post will no doubt fill the man with relief:hihi:

I would think the same question applies to the myriads of gormy types who pay to have their nails extended,their labias trimmed and their pubic hair removed.

You must frequent some very strange pubs.

I couldn't agree more. One could also ask why do perfectly acceptably looking women choose to lather their faces in slap before they dare venture out of their house?

Vanity.

Is it because they aren't perfectly acceptable looking without it?:suspect:

It sounds from your earlier post that your local may be the Bald Beaver.:hihi:

It was but they have undergone a massive overhaul of the bar staff,and now I am considered persona non grata,which means its back to Fat Cat and Brown Bare(sic)

I was once having a drink in a pub on Neepsend Lane when the Landlord [Alf Ward] took of his wig and wiped the bar down with it before placing it back on his head ,he then carried on pulling pints as though nothing had happened.

I will never forget people falling about peeing themselves as he shouted who's next.

Archived