Men with toupes. Why? why? why?

I was once having a drink in a pub on Neepsend Lane when the Landlord [Alf Ward] took of his wig and wiped the bar down with it before placing it back on his head ,he then carried on pulling pints as though nothing had happened.

I will never forget people falling about peeing themselves as he shouted who's next.

Was it the Queens head, a Wards house?

Some men are just ashamed of it. I don't understand really. Its not as the wigmeisters are god's gift and they strive to maintain their bed post noching ratio...because it reduces their appeal completely, they look silly.

I once had a boss who was bald with a comb over... He was not a nice man, so just to annoy him when I spoke to him I'd occasionally glance up and look at his balding pate. He knew what I was doing and so did I. He never said anything though, but it annoyed him greatly... Now I'm balding...Karma!

Oh my god, the world's worst toupe has just made an appearance on BBC2's The Planners. The toupe can be seen wearing a man called Paul, who is "an Objector". It will probably have its own credits at the end of the programme.

Being bald doesn't carry the same stigma it once did.

TBH I never knew it carried a "stigma" I always thought it was supposed to be a sign of virility. I guess that some men do feel upset by it, and vanity gives them the urge to have transplants, or to wear a syrup.

By the same token as said women have boob jobs, or fill their bra's with bog roll :hihi:, sorry but I'm a believer in getting by with what your given.

TBH I never knew it carried a "stigma" I always thought it was supposed to be a sign of virility. I guess that some men do feel upset by it, and vanity gives them the urge to have transplants, or to wear a syrup.

By the same token as said women have boob jobs, or fill their bra's with bog roll :hihi:, sorry but I'm a believer in getting by with what your given.

That's just a myth put about by bald men!

Well women do wear make-up, sometimes overdone, and have boob jobs, but it doesn't attract the same mirth as does a guy with a toupee - perhaps toupees unless stuck on properly whilst looking natural are too expensive for the average guy.

A friend of mine was in bed with a bloke who was wearing a toupee, it fell off and he tried to grab it, she said impatiently leave it on the floor:D

I started losing mine in my early 20's. I was basically bald by the ageing 27. I'm 32 next month.

I was upset at the time but now even though having hair would be nice, it's not the be all and end all. I used to get a bit of attention from women wanting to feel how smooth it was lol

I was once having a drink in a pub on Neepsend Lane when the Landlord [Alf Ward] took of his wig and wiped the bar down with it before placing it back on his head ,he then carried on pulling pints as though nothing had happened.

I will never forget people falling about peeing themselves as he shouted who's next.

Love it !:hihi:

---------- Post added 07-03-2013 at 21:54 ----------

Reading this post will no doubt fill the man with relief:hihi:

Yeh, I mean who wants to be married to a man who gives you an internal examination every week ? ( Well I would accept only George Clooney ):love:

Archived