Kettlebell classes

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any good kettlebell classes starting from beginner level? I started losing motivation to go to the gym and wanted to find something that would spark my interest, this is where I came across kettlebells. I bought a bell and started training, I fell in love with it but feel that I could benefit a lot more from instruction. So if anyone knows of or is involved in a class somewhere i'd appreciate the heads up.

Regards

Hi,there is a really good kettlebell class every wednesday night at 7 at bodyflo health and fitness on hawksley avenue in Hillsborough. Its only 5 pounds and its for all levels.

Does the class focus on cardio for weightloss or does it involve strength training? Thanks

Hi ,

If you're still after a good kettlebell instructor, I can thoroughly recommend Mark Hayes, the instructor of Sheffield Martial Arts Centre. Mark can be found on here or contacted at jay_kd@hotmail.com. He doesn't do classes anymore, since re-locating, but he does private tuition. As far as I know, he's the only RKC instructor in sheffield (I may be wrong, but I'm not aware of any more) which means he was personally certified by Pavel Tsatsouline, who bought Kettlebells to the west. It may be a long winded recommendation, but I see so many personal trainers in gyms, who have no idea about correct technique, that I always tell people to go to a Kettlebell instructor, not an instructor who has also done kettlebells. It's like comparing driving lessons from your dad to lessons from a driving instructor.

Why don't you join PureGym at Millhouses, as they've got Kettlebell classes, as well as a load of others. They've got a special offer on at Millhouses for £10.99 (with a £15 joining fee). Use my ref B1C328 to qualify.

I was a Fitness First member there, and they've recently refurbished the whole gym, and all their equipment is brand new.

You can't go bad at that price.

:)

Why don't you join PureGym at Millhouses, as they've got Kettlebell classes, as well as a load of others. They've got a special offer on at Millhouses for £10.99 (with a £15 joining fee). Use my ref B1C328 to qualify.

I was a Fitness First member there, and they've recently refurbished the whole gym, and all their equipment is brand new.

You can't go bad at that price.

:)

Depends what you get for the £10.99+£15 joining fee doesn't it? You seem to have not provided much info.

Archived