Time for football to pay the full cost for additional policing

you`re been a little bit silly, the police bill the club for the costs associated with policing the event.

errr don't call me silly just because we disagree. I also think you may find just because someone is presented with a bill they don't necessarily pay it and its negotiated-sadly football clubs have far too much power

Maybe a better idea would be to introduce football related aggravation clause to certain offences which didn't increase the sentence but massively increased the fine. Get the funds from the morons who cause the problems and thus the need for loads of police being diverted from normal duties?

errr don't call me silly just because we disagree. I also think you may find just because someone is presented with a bill they don't necessarily pay it and its negotiated-sadly football clubs have far too much power

i was calling you silly because you claim other sports have different arrangements, your arguing with yourself.

thats silly in anyones book.

I obviously phrased it wrong- what i mean is:we do not see the same levels of policing around those other sporting events-it tends to be more related to simple traffic and crowd safety that is managed by the police...fine.

Football is different-some games are ridiculous, have you ever been around when millwall are around?

ok that is the worst example but we are still paying for bad behaviour which football is the root cause of.

if clubs had to pay football would be more inclined to get its act together as well

The clubs should pay something and I'm sure they do, just not sure what percentage. Should they pay anything at all though ? Do the unions, when an anti cuts march goes ary ? Does the nus ? Im guessing the edl dont either. They all happen fairly regularly.

not as often as a football match and there is a right to demonstrate in this country......

there is not a right to kick the shhhhhhh out of another team and their neighbourhood every Saturday in a hundred towns and cities across the uk

not as often as a football match and there is a right to demonstrate in this country......

there is not a right to kick the shhhhhhh out of another team and their neighbourhood every Saturday in a hundred towns and cities across the uk

That doesn't happen every week either. Now, a gathering of sports fans in a reletivly small area, in numbers ranging from a couple of thousand to 75000, that happens every week. They have the right to do that too.

The majority of people that attend football matches are tax payers & rate payers. I would imagine that very few of them require any action from the police in the course of their normal day to day activities.

Therefore, I do not think it unreasonable that a police presence outside the ground before & after matches be provided without any additional charge.

The clubs do pay a charge for any police required within the ground & as I understand it it is the police themselves who dictate the exact number required.

On a number of occasions I have attended matches where the opposition was provided by teams with very little support & no reputation for causing trouble & the police presence has appeared totally over & above what was necessary.

In my opinion the clubs are already contributing more to police coffers than strictly speaking they should.

Football is a ridiculous game to get upset about. If fans didn't feel the need to act like spoilt children, there wouldn't be the need for police. The stewards could do an adequate job.

Thankfully I don't care for football. And think it's a complete waste of time and money and generates unnecessary problems.

It's a game, a team will win and a team will lose. Why can't the team's fans that lose just accept it? why do they feel the need to go and kick the living out of the opposite teams fans? Childish and stupid behavior or having a 'point' to prove! Stupid!

The clubs should be charged double for wasting police time! It's not like they don't have enough money from all those fans is it? :roll:

they pay for policing in the ground and around the stadium.....anything further afield has to be burdened by the tax-payer.

---------- Post added 07-03-2013 at 21:33 ----------

and when they are paying mega bucks to share holders and players why should I subsidise them and get burgled into the bargain?

How do you prove anything further afield from the ground is to do with football ???

Archived