Mobile phone and paypal scams

Its a very common scam, ordering the item on behalf of a friend or relative as a gift or surprise.

If they want it that bad, make them come to your house and collect and pay cash.

Hahaha...it begs the question....What would you think if a mobile phone turned up at your house from a total stranger?....It wouldn't be a surprise if you were told about it first!...It's a nonsense ruse!

My mum once sold something for my nan, a piano or bureau or something else massive that needed collecting.

She got a message from some bloke saying he was currently stationed in USA in some military related job and could she ship it to his friends address somewhere in England for safe keeping, via courier, if he paid her by bank transfer and arranged a courier ( give me your account details and name and address etc :gag: )

It absolutely stunk of scam! She was going to ignore him. But he paid by bank transfer including shipping costs and was a very happy customer once he got home :D

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

My mum once sold something for my nan, a piano or bureau or something else massive that needed collecting.

She got a message from some bloke saying he was currently stationed in USA in some military related job and could she ship it to his friends address somewhere in England for safe keeping, via courier, if he paid her by bank transfer and arranged a courier ( give me your account details and name and address etc :gag: )

It absolutely stunk of scam! She was going to ignore him. But he paid by bank transfer including shipping costs and was a very happy customer once he got home :D

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Which goes the prove my original post, don't ship or send anything until you've been paid.

But I have to admit Leah...on the face of your story, it screams SCAM!!!

Archived