Looking for a farmer that sells natural & organic farm produce

not me! male goats don't give milk :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I'd just like to find someone who sells unpasteurised milk locally.

it just seems you have to buy cow/ goat yourself :(

I am thinking about buying goat :)

There was a farm shop up Rivelin don't know if its still there or what it sells...and there's the one at chatsworth (expensive) and there are the green box schemes for veg.....if those are any good to you?

Hi

Got one for you

http://heatherhillfarmmeats.webeden.co.uk/

its a bit slow but it works

thank you very much guys! :) that's exactly what i was looking for.

I can smell these delicious food from pictures! :D

Assuming you drive, there's Dobbies on the Clowne side of Junction 30/M1. In there (near the back) there's a farmers shop. Great place if you like rubbing shoulders with posh folk and paying £7 for 10 sausages and £25 a chicken.

Wife and myself go in now and again and do a lot of tutting :D

not me! male goats don't give milk :hihi::hihi::hihi:

it just seems you have to buy cow/ goat yourself :(

I am thinking about buying goat :)

thank you very much guys! :) that's exactly what i was looking for.

I can smell these delicious food from pictures! :D

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=s173gu&hl=en&ll=53.327131,-1.539202&spn=0.007369,0.01929&sll=52.8382,-2.327815&sspn=7.634177,19.753418&hnear=Dore,+S17+3GU,+United+Kingdom&t=m&z=16&layer=c&cbll=53.327235,-1.53922&panoid=KCQh_qpb26rvHPQ8bPmHrA&cbp=12,39.92,,0,10.51

You can google maps and GPS straight to the front door :)

Hello,

I am looking for farmer which would sell me vegetables, milk (from cow or goat but not pasteurized) and meat. I am looking for non genetically modified food but natural & organic.

I am not sure of where should i put this thread so sorry if it is wrong place

Have a word with Eddie at Our Cow Molly. He will be able to help or point you in right direction.

http://www.ourcowmolly.co.uk/

They sell stuff up on the farm and he has got many contacts with other farmers in the area.

Hi.

http://www.naturalfoodfinder.co.uk/unpasteurised-raw-milk-uk gives you local raw milk sellers.

I personally buy my raw milk from Andrew at Manor Farm in Brimington. I usually go every two weeks for 20 pints (1 crate) which costs me £11 and is of course rinse/return. So far the milk hasn't gone sour in that time but that's one good thing about raw milk- because the good bacteria hasn't been killed, it doesn't go bad - it just sours, at which time it's perfectly safe to drink or cook with.

Andrew is a really nice guy who has catered for my spurious and untimely requests for supplies. e.g. I picked up a crate from him yesterday (i.e. Sunday) lunchtime.

It's perfectly legal to sell raw milk "at the farmer's gate" in England. You must however supply your name and address so he can satisfy the bureaucracy necessary in this "free" country to allow we voters to drink what we like!

Raw milk has a very bad press, largely for historical reasons. The chances of being made ill from it is actually considerably lower than, say, eating steak tartare.

There are many great articles about how raw milk works when you ignore the fiction, ignorance and hysteria on http://http://www.westonaprice.org/, an organisation which has studied natural nutrition in native cultures for decades and isn't funded by governments or food companies.

Neil.

---------- Post added 11-03-2013 at 10:51 ----------

Oops, I forgot to say that when this was discussed on twitter, I was told that Lincolnshire Poachers have raw milk for sale regularly at (a sheffield market). Sadly, I don't remember which market that is but I expect they themselves can tell you.

Hi.

http://www.naturalfoodfinder.co.uk/unpasteurised-raw-milk-uk gives you local raw milk sellers.

I personally buy my raw milk from Andrew at Manor Farm in Brimington. I usually go every two weeks for 20 pints (1 crate) which costs me £11 and is of course rinse/return. So far the milk hasn't gone sour in that time but that's one good thing about raw milk- because the good bacteria hasn't been killed, it doesn't go bad - it just sours, at which time it's perfectly safe to drink or cook with.

Andrew is a really nice guy who has catered for my spurious and untimely requests for supplies. e.g. I picked up a crate from him yesterday (i.e. Sunday) lunchtime.

It's perfectly legal to sell raw milk "at the farmer's gate" in England. You must however supply your name and address so he can satisfy the bureaucracy necessary in this "free" country to allow we voters to drink what we like!

Raw milk has a very bad press, largely for historical reasons. The chances of being made ill from it is actually considerably lower than, say, eating steak tartare.

There are many great articles about how raw milk works when you ignore the fiction, ignorance and hysteria on http://http://www.westonaprice.org/, an organisation which has studied natural nutrition in native cultures for decades and isn't funded by governments or food companies.

Neil.

---------- Post added 11-03-2013 at 10:51 ----------

Oops, I forgot to say that when this was discussed on twitter, I was told that Lincolnshire Poachers have raw milk for sale regularly at (a sheffield market). Sadly, I don't remember which market that is but I expect they themselves can tell you.

Thank you very much, thats what i was exactly looking for.

Does he sell only in crates or is it possible to buy in smaller amounts?

I am glad to hear that... when I've been told that it is illegal I was terrified.

Almost half of my life I was drinking a lot of raw milk and it never made me sick but then i moved to Sheffield. Milk in here is strange, it tastes like it is watered down

One day we will have nutritional problems (if we don't have them now) because not only milk is low in nutrition :/

Thank you very much, thats what i was exactly looking for.

Does he sell only in crates or is it possible to buy in smaller amounts?

I am glad to hear that... when I've been told that it is illegal I was terrified.

Almost half of my life I was drinking a lot of raw milk and it never made me sick but then i moved to Sheffield. Milk in here is strange, it tastes like it is watered down

One day we will have nutritional problems (if we don't have them now) because not only milk is low in nutrition :/

I dunno re the amounts. I bought 15pts off him originally then just stuck with a crate. We just haven't had that conversation!

I'm not sure of the legalities of proxy-buying either or I might offer to pick some up for you. :)

I just don't understand the scaremongery that goes on regarding raw milk- the raw statistics prove that it's safer by far than many other foods which don't come under scrutiny at all.

Most reports rely on statistics from the time just before pasteurisation became commonplace- when dairies and their technology were very dirty. Pasteurisation suddenly happened everywhere and everyone became less sick from drinking dairy produce. Nowadays cleanliness and so on are far superior and better regulated.

This is the same sort of inertia that surrounds the "fat leads to heart disease" myth which has also been conclusively disproved, or rather was never proven in the first place.

Nowadays when I see these kind of wailing "X gives you cancer" articles in the red tops I look for citations and funding notices. Guess what- it is perfectly allowable to write articles containing pseudo-science about how great bread is when funded by Warburtons. Such reports invariably state "our results were in no way influenced by our funding" but if I was paying you to review the stuff I sold, how long would I continue to support your endeavours if you wrote bad reviews all the time? It's human nature to be optimistic towards a future income stream.

Anyway, politics/freedom rants aside, good luck with Andrew. His phone number is on the food finder site. Enjoy your healthy raw milk! :)

Neil.

I like raw milk, but I would never buy more than a couple of pints at one time as it goes off in a two or three days. Or 'goes sour' as the poster above says.

I believe there's a tiny health risk and there were some friends of my parents who wouldn't drink the stuff as they knew someone who had caught brucellosis from it. I think the way modern herds are monitored that the risk is very small, but all the more reason to eradicate bovine TB.

I buy it from the Lincolnshire Poacher stall at any one of the Sheffield farmers markets. It's a rare treat.

I dunno re the amounts. I bought 15pts off him originally then just stuck with a crate. We just haven't had that conversation!

I'm not sure of the legalities of proxy-buying either or I might offer to pick some up for you. :)

I just don't understand the scaremongery that goes on regarding raw milk- the raw statistics prove that it's safer by far than many other foods which don't come under scrutiny at all.

Most reports rely on statistics from the time just before pasteurisation became commonplace- when dairies and their technology were very dirty. Pasteurisation suddenly happened everywhere and everyone became less sick from drinking dairy produce. Nowadays cleanliness and so on are far superior and better regulated.

This is the same sort of inertia that surrounds the "fat leads to heart disease" myth which has also been conclusively disproved, or rather was never proven in the first place.

Nowadays when I see these kind of wailing "X gives you cancer" articles in the red tops I look for citations and funding notices. Guess what- it is perfectly allowable to write articles containing pseudo-science about how great bread is when funded by Warburtons. Such reports invariably state "our results were in no way influenced by our funding" but if I was paying you to review the stuff I sold, how long would I continue to support your endeavours if you wrote bad reviews all the time? It's human nature to be optimistic towards a future income stream.

Anyway, politics/freedom rants aside, good luck with Andrew. His phone number is on the food finder site. Enjoy your healthy raw milk! :)

Neil.

Yeah I would be interested in proxy buying ;) I live on lower manor (between Woodseats and Darnall)

How often do you buy milk? 15tps is a lot, I can't see my family drinking up all of it :hihi:

Yeah I hate it. In past I used to be so worried about these kind of stuff. Like 'you can't eat cheese or chocolate or you'll have pimples' and my life became miserable :/

today I just dont care and i just try to eat not processed food because thats my favorite one.

Theory about non- fat diet is absolutely ridiculous. Fat is something what we need but many people don't know that there are healthy and unhealthy fat. Instead people try to not eat fat nearly at all what is absolutely ridiculous. I wonder how many people suffer anemia these days

People also eat low sugar stuff. Instead things have sweeteners which are unhealthy.. and either way... your body needs glucose to keep going.

Archived