Home start service on car

handsworth

Miles away I'm afraid. If you were close and just a jump you need, I'd pop over.

Do what I did.

I took out breakdown cover for £25 and put down my mother home address. She lives more than a mile from me so I am covered for home start in a round about way because of the 1 mile distance thing.

Get a mate with 'personal' RAC cover to come over.

Just say they came over and your car won't start.

It's a little bit troubling the readiness people here have to advise folk to commit fraud, even if it is just a minor fraud.

I used to always carry a set of decent jump leads in the boot and in cold weather as my old beast of a car could be difficult I also carried a spare battery fully charged to give mine an extra boost. If you've got the jump leads and you feel brave enough just ask another motorist if they could give you a hand. I would if asked always say 'yes' as next time it could be me needing the help

Do what I did.

I took out breakdown cover for £25 and put down my mother home address. She lives more than a mile from me so I am covered for home start in a round about way because of the 1 mile distance thing.

How will you go on if you break down at or near to your mum's?

Archived