Lib Dems, what do they stand for

The Liberal Dems are an amalgam of two previous parties,one of whom(SDP) was created to further the political careers of confused politicians such as Jenkins and Williams.the Liberal Party was never truly liberal in the twentieth century,and was emasculated by the expansion of the Labour Party.They can be defined only in terms of what they are not.

i have just watched the news, the Lib Dems seem to have lost their way and are desperate to hang on to any sort of power, what do they actually stand for and have they lost any self respect :suspect:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21715946

If you want to find out what the Liberal Democrats stand for, what they want to achieve in terms of government policy then your best hope would be to talk to an actual Liberal Democrat.

Trouble is, they aren't as likely to speak up on here at the moment as coalition government has made them unpopular with a lot of people. :(

If you want to find out what the Liberal Democrats stand for, what they want to achieve in terms of government policy then your best hope would be to talk to an actual Liberal Democrat.

Trouble is, they aren't as likely to speak up on here at the moment as coalition government has made them unpopular with a lot of people. :(

Dont most of us switch votes quite often?

I have voted Liberal Democrat more than once, BNP, and Green, Labour once, but never Tory :)

Dont most of us switch votes quite often?

I have voted Liberal Democrat more than once, BNP, and Green, Labour once, but never Tory :)

Some people stay fairly loyal to 1 party whose policies they agree with the most, and some even join that party and become activists.

That's not the path for me personally, but others do have a strong preference for 1 party over all others.

Archived