'Britain is being raped by high taxes' says luvvie Ray Winstone

The french want a 75 percent super-tax rate for earnings over one million euros and a new 45 percent band for revenues over 150,000 euros.

In this country we just accept the greed and crime that goes with having very rich and very poor. Its dog eat dog in this country.

How many of the French high earners are leaving France...how mauch tax will the French Government be getting from them? Did you look at the site I posted above that shows the rich in the UK pay a higher percentage of their salaries in tax?

Did you look at the site I posted above that shows the rich in the UK pay a higher percentage of their salaries in tax?

The rich pay high taxes does not make the news, that is what is meant to happen.

But how many have good accountants that avoid tax, like the comedian Jimmy Carr? The losing presidential candidate in the USA, Mitt Romney, made no secret of his low tax rate.

Romney's income -- at least the huge chunk of it that is derived from investments -- is taxed at a 15 percent rate, while others who earn their money from a paycheck are taxed at marginal income rates going all the way up to 35 percent.

The rich pay high taxes does not make the news, that is what is meant to happen.

But how many have good accountants that avoid tax, like the comedian Jimmy Carr? The losing presidential candidate in the USA, Mitt Romney, made no secret of his low tax rate.

Romney's income -- at least the huge chunk of it that is derived from investments -- is taxed at a 15 percent rate, while others who earn their money from a paycheck are taxed at marginal income rates going all the way up to 35 percent.

Mitt Romney pays his taxes in the 'states up to them to sort that out... do you reckon it's fair that the rich in the UK who are on PAYE pay a larger percentage of their salaries in income tax than those on lower wages?

do you reckon it's fair that the rich in the UK who are on PAYE pay a larger percentage of their salaries in income tax than those on lower wages?

That is how most people think it should work; my issue is when they avoid tax by claiming to be self employed and income that is taxed at a lower rate.

How many of the French high earners are leaving France...how mauch tax will the French Government be getting from them? Did you look at the site I posted above that shows the rich in the UK pay a higher percentage of their salaries in tax?

Why bother working harder if the government takes it all.

Do you?............

I dont think that the French are right, taxing the rich at 75% is too much. If I was starting from scratch with taxes, perhaps a starting rate at £15K at 30% and then going up with income to 40/50%

I dont think that the French are right, taxing the rich at 75% is too much. If I was starting from scratch with taxes, perhaps a starting rate at £15K at 30% and then going up with income to 40/50%

So you'd want the lower paid to fork out even more than they do now..?

Archived