Ebay help please

i sold 2 white shirts both still had tags on £35,i sold both £5 and £8,

one buyer left positive feedback,

the other claims there are yellow marks on collar and cuff and asked if i could exchange i replied saying i only had 2 and iv no idea what yellow marks they are on about i kept both together and checked both before i packaged and posted.

they have said if they had know yellow marks they wouldnt have bidded!!

there were no marks when i posted them,i have asked them to send pics of the yellow marks to my email addy,so far nothing.

i dont mind refunding but if the shirt is returned with yellow pen or anything yellow on then its not fair.

i know ebay sides with buyers more than sellers but feel this is a try on,

what do you suggest please?

i had this recently and i stood my ground, funnily enough also claiming the item was yellowy rather than white. i stood my ground, refused to refund. she didnt start a claim but did leave negative feedback, i was disappointed but as i knew that item was not what she was claiming i thought sod it im not refunding something i feel 100% about the quality of. xx

i had this recently and i stood my ground, funnily enough also claiming the item was yellowy rather than white. i stood my ground, refused to refund. she didnt start a claim but did leave negative feedback, i was disappointed but as i knew that item was not what she was claiming i thought sod it im not refunding something i feel 100% about the quality of. xx

i agree, stand your ground too and refuse refund on grounds item left you in a good state, take the neg feedback and add ur own comment under it such as buyer wont send details of said marks so refused refund, will lwt others know they may be trying it on

i sold 2 white shirts both still had tags on £35,i sold both £5 and £8,

one buyer left positive feedback,

the other claims there are yellow marks on collar and cuff and asked if i could exchange i replied saying i only had 2 and iv no idea what yellow marks they are on about i kept both together and checked both before i packaged and posted.

they have said if they had know yellow marks they wouldnt have bidded!!

there were no marks when i posted them,i have asked them to send pics of the yellow marks to my email addy,so far nothing.

i dont mind refunding but if the shirt is returned with yellow pen or anything yellow on then its not fair.

i know ebay sides with buyers more than sellers but feel this is a try on,

what do you suggest please?

Thats exactly what it is,dont fall for it.

i can be 100% sure they were both fine so i wont offer a refund,thanks

---------- Post added 11-03-2013 at 11:13 ----------

they have opened a claim against me,now saying theres a mark on the shirt and its smells,

i have replied saying they claimed yellow marks other day no mention of smell,i suggest they contact royal mail or ask sellers to frebreeze items before posting

i also said id provided my email addy and asked for pics of the so called yellow marks,no which no email has been sent,

i hope ebay dont force me into a full refund as i know theres no marks,its not fair:mad:

---------- Post added 20-03-2013 at 06:29 ----------

well she was due to escalate this from yesterday,so waiting now,totally not fair the monies been placed on hold in my paypal whilst i have to wait to so if/when she decides to escalate the case.:(:(:(

• 2 weeks later...

i had similar happen the buyer never sent the item back and ebay gave them a full refund,i wasnt happy.

ebay=you sell/buy its a gamble.

as a seller your powerless cant leave neg feedback

cant close the case

just sit there handing money back to fools :rant:

rant over lol:)

I sympathise with you OP, although as a buyer, I once bought a bedding set for my son, it arrived and was covered in little splodges of green paint!

Ebay forced her to offer a refund, but as they don't refund postage charges (which were quite high) it wasn't worth my while sending them back so I didn't bother and just cut my losses. The paint was obvious to see as soon as you opened the packaging, but she'd photographed it at such an angle that it couldn't be seen.

Some people really do take the mick though. I don't agree with the ebay system of sellers not being able to neg buyers at all.

Did you have pictures on your listing?

yes i did have pics the item was brand new still had all tags attached,i had 2 identical the other has left positive feedback and is happy

they were bought from same place kept in same place yet only one has stains/mark

as iv said they are trying it on as its gone from yellow stains on collar and cuffs to a small mark and smell now

i did send my email addy asking them to send me a pic none received

how long to they have to escalate the claim?

---------- Post added 20-03-2013 at 10:40 ----------

Your message to the buyer:

"i am aware you have contacted ebay and decided not to send me any proof of the so called "mark"via email as i asked, you know there is no mark on the shirt my guess is you simply changed your mind upon recieving the shirt,and decided to try and gain a refund firstly saying there were yellow stains on collar and cuffs and now its a mark and a smell, simply untrue this shirt is BNWT and i packaged this myself and know for a fact it was in A1 condition. i am an honest ebay seller see my feedback i dont sell anything i wouldnt be happy to buy myself,and definatly dont sell items with ever changing stains and marks on as i have said NO REFUND,NO FAULTS WITH ITEM!just trying it on shame on you!!!"

Collapse

The buyer has responded to you. 11 Mar, 2013 at 12:35

Buyer's message:

"I have contacted ebay and if you are not willing to refund me by the 19th march then the case will be escalated. I "am not trying it on" as you have put it, this was a gift for my teenage daughter and regardless of the price i would expect an item clearly described as BNWT to be just that."

Collapse

You have responded to the buyer. 11 Mar, 2013 at 11:06

Your message to the buyer:

"i am not willing to refund the item was in new condition when sent,even had tags on, one minuite the buyer claims yellow marks on collar and cuffs now a mark and smell,clearly trying it on, i also asked seller to email pics of the so called yellow marks,no email recieved now the yellow marks have turned into a single mark,?? i checked the item and can 100 percent be sure the item had NO marks on and as for a smell i suggest the buyer asks sellers to frebreeze items before posting or complain to royal mail there vans/sorting office smell, i cannot be held responsible clearly buyer has changed mind and wants a refund for some reason and is trying it in with a claim against me, "

Collapse

The buyer opened a case: Item doesn't match the description 11 Mar, 2013 at 10:47

The case details:

The buyer says the item doesn't match the description.

The buyer paid on 02 Mar, 2013.

The buyer contacted you through email.

More comments: there's a small mark on the item. it looks like that has been discoloured, it looks like that it has been stored for a very long time, and there's a smell.

The buyer did not give permission to share a phone number with you.

The item is damaged

Additional information:

"there's a small mark on the item. it looks like that has been discoloured, it looks like that it has been stored for a very long time, and there's a smell."

The buyer requested:

The buyer prefers to return the item in exchange for a full refund.

Transaction information:

While the buyer's case is open, the funds from this transaction, including the purchase price and shipping, are not available for withdrawal.

what do you think should i add that iv sold one same and thats ok?

There's no accounting for 'strange folk'. Sharks and scammers. This is the prime reason a gave up selling anything on ebay. It's simply not worth all the hassle. I had one clown give me awful feedback, for something that was totally accurately described. Lord knows what he hoped to achieve. But since then I've sold nothing on there.

Then of course there's the 'fees' both from ebay and paypal...fancy charging a fee to receive money into your paypal account!...it's ridiculous.

If I were you, I'd stand my ground and go tell them to whistle! Have you checked the buyers feedback? If they're 'trying it on' with you, then chances are, there's more evidence in their feedback!

Archived