Where to drink coffee and chat with babies?

NatalieSheff

i mean coffee! i am now the proud mother of a chunky bum 5and half month old. very cute but cried a bit 2day as hes blue after injections. today i went to weatherspoons for coffee and chat with friend. i had 3people glare at me as he squealed rather loudly. hes a baby for petes sake! i felt really arkward and embarrassed, but why were these people sat in family bit ggrrr! i cant help it! i needed adult conversation and coffee! and the place is cool as non smoking

there's a mum and baby/bump meet thread somewhere about... maybe just the satisfaction of strength in numbers is what you need ;)

Seriously though, babies cry/whimper/screech, they don't know any different, some people just don't seem to get it, you can't stay in and alone for the whole time can you, just ignore them if you can.

I know that can be difficult as my dad is one of those that would wince, grumble, complain at the slightest baby noise in a public place, he must have forgotten just how bad his own two were at that age :suspect: who knows what he's gonna be like looking after future grandchildren!

Congrats on the baby

Em

xx

my friend got screamed at the other day in mhall and accused of bashing her pram into some1, which she didnt, the brakes were on! the woman said "you shouldnt come out of the house!" how rude!

I would've launched into a full on :rant: at them for that... WTF are these people on about?! Do they expect parents to become HERMITS just cos their kid might make a noise that upsets some fussy loony left type?!

FFS get a life you sad bar steward! (That goes to the person who was complaining).

I can't see what the attraction is. I've tried to chat with babies but all they say is glugblibblehic. And they tend to dribble.

he!

As to the tosser camplaining about the pram - obviously never was a baby.

i hear cafe uno on eccie road is very child friendly and they do a good coffee too- i dont have a child my self but i was told that thats the place to go if adult conversation and child friendly-ness is required

its a pity its not city central

Archived