House phone ringing it's self??

I came home today and dialed 1471on my landline to see if anyone had called....at 16.50 a call was recieved from a number that i recognised . It was my landline number!!!

How did that happen :confused:

a bt linetest from the exchange?

I came home today and dialed 1471on my landline to see if anyone had called....at 16.50 a call was recieved from a number that i recognised . It was my landline number!!!

Its happened to me a couple of times. I wondered if it had anything to do with the bedroom extension handset being picked up mid call. Next time it happens, I'll try to remember the exact circumstances.

:hihi::hihi: you won't be able to stop on the line for long periods incase you miss a call from your self.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Could be latest scam from cold callers, some switchboards allow you to "pose" as any number you want, perhaps they have got clever and programmed it to pose as the number it is calling in order to spark the curiosity of people with caller display who normally ignore numbers they are unfamiliar with. Or if you have been time travelling lately it could be some kind of paradox.

Archived