Are our inner cities isolating the remaining indigenous populous?

Are our inner cities isolating the remaining indigenous populous?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Are our inner cities isolating the remaining indigenous populous?

I agree that immigration has impacted on the employment opportunities of the low paid indigenous population. But you would accept that bankers bonuses have also contribured to high house prices

Yes but only to point that they could afford pay more for something that was in short supply because of immigration, I would think that selling houses to wealthy foreigners had a greater impact on house prices.

I'm still not convinced andy, 'integration' is a two way street in my opinion. What someone chooses to wear doesn't, to me at least, indicate they're not seeking to integrate. We, as British citizens also need to hold our hands up to our own commitment to integration.

It is of course a two way street, but I think in general British society has held it's end of the bargain up very well (certainly compared to many other European nations). Our basic commitment should be that if someone is legally here and wishes to become British that their ethnicity and country of origin will not be used to prevent them doing so. I think on the whole British people abide by that very well. It is then up to the immigrant to begin the process of integration and of course some will do better than others.

Those who come here with no intention of integrating is of course a different matter and not a problem which can be solved by any amount of tollerance.

No he's not correct.

From the link you post and provide extract from it says "little or no impact" that means at worst immigration costs this country bugger all.

Have a good read of the document MrSmith and what it says about immigrants with skills and/or professions. Incidentally, who's been the beneficiary of high prices? Would you sell your house cheaper to someone British rather than take top price from a foreigner?

That’s on average but from the link immigration did adversely affect the very people that are now suffering, young unemployed, the poor and everyone that wants to buy an house or bought an house over the past few years.

It says competition from immigrants has had a negative impact on the low paid and training for young UK workers, and has contributed to high house prices.

January 3, 2007

Immigration Benefit 'Equivalent to a Mars bar a Month'

New figures out today reveal that, on the Government's own figures, the benefit to each member of the native population of the UK from immigration is worth about 4p a week - or less than the equivalent of a small Mars bar a month.

You make statements claiming that the study commissioned by the University of Sheffield is untrustworthy because of vested interests and then cite evidence from MigrationWatch to substantiate your point of view.

Seriously? Are you having trouble with the word credible?

Have a look here - http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2007/mar/21/themarsbarhasa

Incidentally, who's been the beneficiary of high prices?

The beneficiaries are the people with more than one house, usually investors and the wealthy. My house as double in price but I can’t benefit from that growth because I still need to live in it. My kids on the other hand are the losers because they don’t own an house.

I find it odd that everyone complains when the price of things they buy goes up, until it comes to the house they own.

Would you sell your house cheaper to someone British rather than take top price from a foreigner?

Yes

Archived