Are our inner cities isolating the remaining indigenous populous?

Are our inner cities isolating the remaining indigenous populous?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Are our inner cities isolating the remaining indigenous populous?

Valid ? Definately. Equally valid ? Actually, no, well not in my opinion anyway. Surely those in first should get "first dibs" on any issues likely to cause conflicts unless it's cross-burning or something obviously offensive.

Well personally I'd like to hear what they have to say, after all we've hardly been starved of the hostile view here have we?

I notice you neglected to mention a few key items from the article.

James Duguid - believes the UK's population should be reduced by half, to its 1881 level of 30m, over the next 100 years by discouraging teenage pregancies, cutting financial support for families with more than two children and adopting MWUK's and UKIP's policies of zero migration growth.

---------- Post added 14-03-2013 at 00:05 ----------

[/color]

Whilst I wouldn't agree with the groups politics-this bit needs looking at more closely.......

the aim of 30 million in 100 years is spot on....if I thought humanity could last another 100 years...SPOT ON goal

would just be nice to think it would be a mix of people who could tolerate and respect each others, race, sex, religion,etc etc... who could work together and support each other to achieve a better future for all, even when it meant they made personal sacrifices.....

back off to cloud cuckoo now.....:)

It would rather beg the question of how the very small number of working age people when the target was achieved were supposed to care for and support the large number of elderly people that would make up most of that 30 million.

It would rather beg the question of how the very small number of working age people when the target was achieved were supposed to care for and support the large number of elderly people that would make up most of that 30 million.

"Carousel" ...that'd be the answer.. :)

Mister M was the only poster to reply.

What interested me was whether other posters were posting from experience or idealised/theoretical viewpoints.

Thankyou for explaining that you spoke from experience.

Apologies for missing your question. Yes I do have a great deal of practical, personal experience of these communities having lived and worked in central London and several other cities for many years.

So after all that bluster you come up with nothing but trying to discredit a couple of blokes from migrationwatch to try and reinforce your stance.

The university's are only trying to protect their golden goose, can't blame them for trying, somebody has to pay their wages.

Missing the point again retep. I was highlighting your hypocrisy in claiming that the University has vested interests and that their data (even though they didn't generate it) cannot be trusted but not applying the same criteria to MigrationWatch because it suits your point of view.

If I live in Darnall and all my neighbours are tossers I won't like them...whether they be immigrants or not, there's no need to generalise about whole communities of people.

Says it all really.

Missing the point again retep. I was highlighting your hypocrisy in claiming that the University has vested interests and that their data (even though they didn't generate it) cannot be trusted but not applying the same criteria to MigrationWatch because it suits your point of view.

Says it all really.

Makes you wonder why the government clamped down on all the student visa's if they are such a big earner :rolleyes:

No vested interest by a university, by a university set up company, who'd have thought it :rolleyes:

Makes you wonder why the government clamped down on all the student visa's if they are such a big earner :rolleyes:
No need to wonder old boy, they clamped down on 'students' applying for visas to attend bogus colleges. With the best will in the world even you couldn't claim that Sheffield University ran bogus courses.

No vested interest by a university, by a university set up company, who'd have thought it :rolleyes:

Why would Oxford University have any interest in promoting Sheffield University, one of their competitors? If you were going to accuse Oxford Economics of anything it should be under-egging Sheffield's pudding.

I agree, and of course what's equally valid are the views of those foreigners who are just trying to get on with their lives who face gratuitous hostility from the native community, wouldn't you agree?

Yes I do agree.

Would you agree that anyone coming to this country chooses this country because of its culture etc and should therefore adapt to it. The same as people from here who go to live in Spain for example.

Yes I do agree.

Would you agree that anyone coming to this country chooses this country because of its culture etc and should therefore adapt to it. The same as people from here who go to live in Spain for example.

It depends what you mean by 'adapt' to it. I certainly don't believe Britons moving to Spain should be forced to eat paella, compelled to learn the language and become Catholics although I can appreciate why that might be helpful from the Spaniards point of view.

I certainly do believe that incomers should respect the indigenous culture and partake of those aspects of it which appeal to them and just as importantly be allowed and welcomed to do so.

Over time integration will occur just as it has already between the Afro Caribbean community I hail from and native Britons, I remember growing up when that seemed a very remote possibility.

As BF has pointed out the bogus colleges offering non-existent courses were the targets of the clampdown. You really should do a little research before making ill-informed comments.

Still going on about vested interests with no comment on your own hypocrisy in using MigrationWatch data to substantiate your own point of view I see. Surely if the data the University used is unreliable when applying your own strict criteria, then so is MigrationWatch's?

---------- Post added 14-03-2013 at 16:12 ----------

It depends what you mean by 'adapt' to it. I certainly don't believe Britons moving to Spain should be forced to eat paella, compelled to learn the language and become Catholics although I can appreciate why that might be helpful from the Spaniards point of view.

I certainly do believe that incomers should respect the indigenous culture and partake of those aspects of it which appeal to them and just as importantly be allowed and welcomed to do so.

Over time integration will occur just as it has already between the Afro Caribbean community I hail from and native Britons, I remember growing up when that seemed a very remote possibility.

I was going to reply to that myself but couldn't have put it any more accurately or eloquently than this. Spot on sir.

I wonder how many things that are considered part of the UK culture that some are so worried about were, in fact, introduced or influenced by immigrant communities in the first place?

For example, how British are many of our Christmas traditions? (Genuine question)

Imagine the furore if, in the future, we get a wave of immigrants who don't like to eat our traditionally British cuisine of Chicken Tikka Masala and Donner Kebabs?

Archived