Are our inner cities isolating the remaining indigenous populous?

Are our inner cities isolating the remaining indigenous populous?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Are our inner cities isolating the remaining indigenous populous?

The facts are that the east-end has less crime now than ever before, which is mostly due to 'others' living there where alcohol is forbidden and it's different demographics.

---------- Post added 17-03-2013 at 23:10 ----------

Exactly, supposing Detroit still had its motor industry with full employment, white people other than Eminem and Richie Hawtin AKA Plastikman, we'd probably have no Derick May or Carl Craig as they'd be in work instead of been bored at home making techno and no empty factories to hold raves in, and the most famous rapper in the world would be black.

---------- Post added 17-03-2013 at 23:18 ----------

Yes but since the influx of the 'others' you dislike they've ensured it's not an epidemic as they don't drink alcohol and behave more civil, the facts are until 'others' moved in most of the east-end was more grim than the whole of the industrial north.

i dont agree with a word you've said here

"Meaning" is derived from someone's choice of words and phrasing. You can't complain about how people perceive your message if you write something but in your head meant something different.

You've highlighted my post as not understanding your meaning, yet demonstrate a persecution complex by saying people would rather than insult you than debate the topic. Well debating the topic is entirely what I'm trying to do, nowhere in my post did I insult you.

---------- Post added 12-03-2013 at 07:42 ----------

Why shouldn't it? Have you ever visited New York and the fabulous ethnic enclaves-Little Italy, Chinatown etc?

If foreigners are moving into an area then it means the indigenous are moving out..that might be for various reasons..self improvement, profit or because they don't like immigrants. Newcomers will naturally want to congregate in areas where they will feel comfortable, if I were Chinese and moving to England I'd not find the leafy surburbs like Surbiton a very attractive prospect.

A question, do you support 'open borders' BF, and if so why?

A question, do you support 'open borders' BF, and if so why?

Hope this answers your question, gamezone, apologises for sounding like a broken record.

I haven't denied the problem exists, that's why I've said repeatedly that immigration should be strictly controlled, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with your viewpoint.

It's taken me a long time to appreciate where you're coming from on these issues, I believe that immigration generally should be strictly controlled and resources made available to do so properly (that's were the failings lie, not necessarily with the policy), I also believe that there is room to accommodate people for genuine asylum and humanitarian reasons..anyone else should be told to bugger off.

People can complain whenever they like, but if they're going to I'd rather it was based on facts, rather than just an indiscriminate dislike of foreigners..although of course they're perfectly entitled to complain on whatever grounds they choose. You may not be aware, but Ive always been an advocate of strictly controlled immigration on this forum, but I also appreciate the positive benefits which make this country richer, economically & socially-so you'll never find me gnashing my teeth about it if I dont have reason to do so.

Some more here from closed threads:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=7796678&postcount=288

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=7987959&postcount=40

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=9485033&postcount=258

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=9149698&postcount=211

"Meaning" is derived from someone's choice of words and phrasing. You can't complain about how people perceive your message if you write something but in your head meant something different.

Coppied because it says it better than I ever could.

A simple phrase can be interpreted a million different ways. Words only mean something to the speaker from the speaker’s interpretation of their words and if the listener doesn’t fully understand where the speaker is coming from, their words may get misconstrued. Simply stated: the speaker says what they feel, think and want and the listener can interpret what they want to hear out of those words based on their own biases.

We’ve all had this happens to us, some more than others. I think with the increase of texting and Facebook use that this happens quite often. It is when we speak directly at a person when we can gauge the other person’s reactions to what we are saying and hence realize if we have been misunderstood. When we read something that someone is “saying” we can often misinterpret the meaning behind their words.

I don't care what colour there skin is if they come here they should have some form of skill or trade that can contribute to the country,there are far to many scrounging thieving cheating foreigners in this country who should not be here in the first place we have enough of our own,they pay nothing to society filter any money they get hold of back to where they come from,social security should only be payed to people who were originally born in this country or at least payed 5 years tax,they come here laughing at us they think we are a soft touch,I don't know any other country in the world where you can turn up claim poverty or oppression get money get a house,no wander these people will go through loads of different country's just to get here they certainly don't come here for the weather,in the past when we had Jews West India and Asian people coming here they all came to work and do a job they all contributed something to the country, now they just seem to be able to walk in take every thing make a **** hole of the place and breed like tribbles and the government just seems to do very little about it.

i could say the same for some of the british people too. I lived down a street where I was the only one who worked.

Archived