Are our inner cities isolating the remaining indigenous populous?

Are our inner cities isolating the remaining indigenous populous?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Are our inner cities isolating the remaining indigenous populous?

I don't think our inner cities are isolating the indigineous population. Don't kmow about London, but our area has been changing ever since I was born & I don't feel isolated - you just broaden your horizons and talk to different people.

There's no point in sitting in grumbling about how things have changed. Things always change - it's about how you deal with it.

well tour around tower hamletts, hackney , shoreditch, bow, mile end etc and see the rubbish littering everywhere, every other shop being an african food shop or hair shop, have african familes shout when talking to each other

after all the original residents still live there and their areas are being changed to suit whatever minority is settling there, in some parts of london even the street signs are in urdo or some similar language,

the east end was a wonderful place for many years, lots of architecture etc and lots of history as well as being so close to the center of london, i might get shot for this comment but it is mainly an ethnic area now and full of rubbish and very delapidated and run down, a ghetto in many places..

thank you, i dont have a racist bone in my body

Of course you haven't.

Of course you haven't.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 11-03-2013 at 19:52 ----------

you left out the "cold-blooded murders", Boyfriday!

Yeah but they were all cheeky chappies, PT..apparently them that got chopped all 'deserved' it! ;)

I don't think our inner cities are isolating the indigineous population. Don't kmow about London, but our area has been changing ever since I was born & I don't feel isolated - you just broaden your horizons and talk to different people.

There's no point in sitting in grumbling about how things have changed. Things always change - it's about how you deal with it.

Some change is good, some isn't. Some areas of London that were rough, say 40 years ago have improved massively, others clearly haven't, and have gone further down the tubes. Until you've seen it, it's difficult to judge. And it's hard to talk to people if you both speak different languages and one might not want to anyway - that covers everyone anywhere.

No need to go to the east end. Take a look along Oxford street. There used to be nice shops selling clothes, jewelry and all kinds of other quality merchandise. Now they're all stores selling T-shirts and other cheap, tacky tourist junk with loud chav music blaring out from the doorways.

Proper gents they woz, always asked after your mum when they nailed your head to a coffee table!

Too true.

And they doffed their caps or tugged their forelocks to you, as they dropped you into the concrete on the motorway flyover support!

Archived