Sheffield theatres

Dorothy Vernon was brilliant in 'The Stirrings'. Others I remember were 'The Black sheep of the family', 'John Willy and the bee people', Brittania's Boys'. I think that one was the last production prior to closure. I remember 'Listen for the trains love','Ring O'Roses','Events that happened whilst guarding the bofor's gun'. 'The Caretaker'. I am sure others will spring to mind.

hi nigel. i never got to see the stirrings but heard it was good. i saw listen for the trains love and enjoyed it. i also saw the life and times of charley peace with david bradley playing leading role, i saw many more plays before it closed. i thought it was a marvelous little theatre with loads of atmosphere not like modern theatre of which i am not impressed with

I spent many happy hours at the Sheffield Library Theartre, which was mainly used by the Sheffield Amatuer Dramatic groups. I was a member of The City Players and we would put on at least three shows a year at the Library Theartre we were usually able to fill the seats as well

I saw Oedipus Rex at the Playhouse. About 10 of the Coronation Street cast sat in the row infront.

It was the first time I realised that actors in "Soaps" were serious actors too. I have respected them ever since.

Good play btw.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived