Sheffield theatres

I spent many happy hours at the Sheffield Library Theartre, which was mainly used by the Sheffield Amatuer Dramatic groups. I was a member of The City Players and we would put on at least three shows a year at the Library Theartre we were usually able to fill the seats as well

So did I (watching the plays, not acting) - maybe I saw you in one? Great entertainment. Still go fairly often, although sadly no longer in Sheffield, and generally prefer the amateur to the professional - and that is before the huge cost difference is considered.

• 7 months later...
hi does anyone remember the old sheffield playhouse and some of the plays there during the late 60s.

Remember seeing Keith Barron in "Sailor Beware" at the old Playhouse sometime in the late fifties of early sixties - as a Student - together with 3 or 4 others.Great Comedy show made even better by several pints of Youngers we all had upstairs at the "Athol" pub somewhere near both the Hippodrome and Empire establishments.

Archived