Stagecoach buses in Sheffield

It is annoying to just be sat there but think if they didn't do this, you could miss your bus entirely because it left your stop early and end up stood in the cold and rain at the stop waiting for the next one - I'd rather make the bus and be sat onboard!

It is annoying to just be sat there but think if they didn't do this, you could miss your bus entirely because it left your stop early and end up stood in the cold and rain at the stop waiting for the next one - I'd rather make the bus and be sat onboard!

Have you read the other post, keep up you are late.:hihi::huh:

Especially if the next one is late or cancelled!

Hi all,thanks for responding. Do bus routes still have defined terminus (ie) standing points. I cant accept that buses get ahead of timetable to justify standing for excessive periods of time ,my opinion is stop useing rocket fuel.thanks.

It's not like waiting at a bus stop to keep to time is the driver's aim, he does it because he has to keep to schedule. What can't you accept about that?

As everybody else has said. If the journey takes less time than the timetable predicts due to low traffic, few passengers or whatever, he sits at the stop to make sure he sticks to the timetable and actually yes, it's perfectly justifiable.

Talk about rocket fuel, you're acting like it's rocket science when in fact the concept is incredibly simple.

Hi all,thanks for responding. Do bus routes still have defined terminus (ie) standing points. I cant accept that buses get ahead of timetable to justify standing for excessive periods of time ,my opinion is stop useing rocket fuel.thanks.

So would you rather us drive 15mph all the way round so there's no waiting? What if you had an appointment and because the driver was dragging his heels he got stuck in traffic he would of avoided had he put his foot down abit.

No drivers like waiting time, if it was upto us we wouldnt wait and get back to depot early

All busses, regardless of operator, wait at certain bus stops for short periods.

This is to allow the bus to catch up with the timetable.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

More like the timetable catching up with the bus... :P

This is a no-win no-win situation.

If the driver goes too fast then he's in trouble. If he goes too slow then someone misses an appointment.

I'm not sure how the timetables are derived, and that's no criticism.

They seem to have the same journey time from A to B regardless of the time of day.

We'll have to accept that the busses should attempt to arrive on time.

If they are early, they may drive slowly or wait at specific stops.

If they are late they may drive fast, traffic permitting, to catch up.

I'm glad I don't run a bus company.

Guest busdriver1

The biggest offender for this by far is stagecoach who in an attempt to gain passengers will hammer h*ll for leather along a route to get to a busy stop and then stand there in order to gain as many passengers as possible (often eventually leaving late). This behaviour is contrary to the spirit of the Sheffield bus agreement but happens all the same. Check the 120 stops outside T J Hughes, and on Flat street. It rare to NOT see a stagecoach bus at either of these stops. The one outside T J Hughes in particular has other services from the same stop that can rarely get to the stop and end up picking up in the road as a result.

Archived