Pea size lump on leg

For the last two years I have had a pea size lump on my leg never had any pain from it till last Thursday night now it really hurts and is very red could this be a blind boil do they stay that long under the skin any ideas anyone

Thanks but the trouble with going to the docs is that you have to go at eight thirty and wait it could take up to three hours and I dont get paid from work when im off work

You really ought to see a medic if concerned - but could it be one of these?

What are the symptoms of epidermoid cysts?

In general, epidermoid cysts have a round appearance. A dark portion of the cyst is visible on the skin. If the cysts become infected, they will become red and tender. When the cysts are squeezed, they can produce a white discharge.

How are epidermoid cysts treated?

The effective treatment of epidermoid cysts requires that the sac of the cyst be completely removed. If the cyst is squeezed and the discharge forced out, the cyst will reappear. Usually, a doctor will be able to remove the cyst by making a small incision in the skin. Antibiotics may be prescribed to treat infected cysts.

you'll have to google image re pics as these cysts can appear "anywhere".

Thanks but the trouble with going to the docs is that you have to go at eight thirty and wait it could take up to three hours and I dont get paid from work when im off work

i understand that but the alternative could be your leg falling off

---------- Post added 11-03-2013 at 21:10 ----------

Stick a pin in it !!

no, dont do that, the result could be a more infected leg

You really ought to see a medic if concerned - but could it be one of these?

What are the symptoms of epidermoid cysts?

In general, epidermoid cysts have a round appearance. A dark portion of the cyst is visible on the skin. If the cysts become infected, they will become red and tender. When the cysts are squeezed, they can produce a white discharge.

How are epidermoid cysts treated?

The effective treatment of epidermoid cysts requires that the sac of the cyst be completely removed. If the cyst is squeezed and the discharge forced out, the cyst will reappear. Usually, a doctor will be able to remove the cyst by making a small incision in the skin. Antibiotics may be prescribed to treat infected cysts.

you'll have to google image re pics as these cysts can appear "anywhere".

A friends son as just had surgery to remove a cyst that had been left for a couple of years, he’s lost part of his buttocks in the process and will be off work for a couple of months, my advice to OP go and see a doctor sooner rather than later.

Does your doctors' surgery not offer appointments?

could try the walk in centre?

http://www.sheffield.nhs.uk/walk-in/

That would be my second choice after the doctors.

Third choice would be NHS Direct - 0845 46 47 - as mentioned though, it would be my third choice.

Archived