Pea size lump on leg

I had symptoms like this. My GP referred my to hospital and I was operated on that night as a priority, for fear infection may get in my bloodstream and cause septicemia.

It was a burning type pain that I had for a few days, something was clearly not right, but it wasn't agony and I could have left it a few more days had I found excuses to. Listen to the advice on here to get medical help. £30 or so in wages to either get medical help or put your mind at rest isn't a bad investment.

Ring the out of hours GP collaborative (thats still open isn't it?)

They'll give you an appointment up at the NGH when your doctors surgery is closed - No real waiting time, as they assess you over the phone and give you a time of when to go. The most I've waited when going up there has been about 30 mins

---------- Post added 11-03-2013 at 22:06 ----------

http://www.sheffield.nhs.uk/gpooh/howtouse.php

tablets for a cyst? i'v never been given tablets. i usually get mine cut out, that is the ones that i cant get to squeeze i have had cysts 50 + years. but still take care as one might not be a cyst!

tablets for a cyst? i'v never been given tablets. i usually get mine cut out, that is the ones that i cant get to squeeze i have had cysts 50 + years. but still take care as one might not be a cyst!

I had a cyst that had become infected, and got a bit bigger and painful - they gave me antibiotics, and as its quite a small (pea sized) cyst, the doctor wasn't keen to go through the hassle of having it cut out unless it keeps getting infected, more than 3 times a year.

Archived