Coronation Street thread

Shogun

A new low for acting with that horrible woman from Girls Aloud / The Saturdays / generic girl band playing the restaurant owner.

But the best bit is the "scary" drug dealer Callum and his Salford scallies in that pub. They should have got Psycho Paul from Ideal to play the part.

A new low for acting with that horrible woman from Girls Aloud / The Saturdays / generic girl band playing the restaurant owner.

But the best bit is the "scary" drug dealer Callum and his Salford scallies in that pub. They should have got Psycho Paul from Ideal to play the part.

You got that right, she is a worse actor than Sean Bean and thats goin sum, as for that Callum he would be better off playing a Fairy in a Peter Pan film.:gag:

It has gone down hill, I do have sympathy tho, how can this lot ever follow the likes of Ena, Elsie, Hilda, Mrs Walker,:hihi: Stan, the duckworths, Mike, ect, all hard acts to follow, it doesn't help this lots sorry state when they fetch dredgings like Les Dennis in on it, Corra need to forget the old pals act by trying to re-launch people like Dennis's career, you watch! I bet they fetch that Horrible Les Battersby back, if they do I for one will never watch again. Oh! and I'm sick of seeing that Melanie Hill (Croppers bird) on every thing. she is rubbish.:gag:

I agree! The storylines are really stupid of late - the storyline of Les Dennis's fake son was so stupid and unreal. The scriptwriters must've been on magic mushrooms to come up with that! The actors they have in are either cast offs from other soaps, or people employed for their looks than their acting abilities.

I was bought a boxset of DVDs from the 1980s featuring classic episodes of Corrie - like when Hilda was sent to Coventry for telling the factory girls they'd won the pools; or Elsie Tanners house on fire; or Mavis getting obscene phone calls; or Vera pretending to be Jack's fling. My fave was Bet Lynch having to wear Anny Walkers cast offs because she got burgled - comedy genius.

There's hardly any humour is Corrie nowadays - apart from Norris or scary Mary.

Les Batterby was rubbish - the actor who played him is on benefits nowadays

• 3 weeks later...