Coronation Street thread

Shogun

We watched it for years and years, never missed an episode, but even we gave up on it and stopped watching altogether over a year ago. Poor storylines, bad acting, it just got ridiculous. Bringing back yet another talentless bimbo who added nothing (apart from a couple of obvious perks!) to the show when she was in it years ago is really jumping the shark.

We watched it for years and years, never missed an episode, but even we gave up on it and stopped watching altogether over a year ago. Poor storylines, bad acting, it just got ridiculous. Bringing back yet another talentless bimbo who added nothing (apart from a couple of obvious perks!) to the show when she was in it years ago is really jumping the shark.

I think it's got something to do with the amount of air time they need to fill. It was never going to be as good quality when they've got god knows how many episodes a week, compared to years ago when it was only on Mondays and Wednesdays.

Same here we watched it for years now given up its really bad to what it used to be stupid story lines, bad acting and annoying characters like rosie

To be honest - it's always been a bit grim.

Helen Flanaghan is one of a long list of talent less wannabe actors who think they have hit the big time and swan off to Hollywood in hope of fame and fortune but come crawling back when they don't make the grade.

I think it's got something to do with the amount of air time they need to fill. It was never going to be as good quality when they've got god knows how many episodes a week, compared to years ago when it was only on Mondays and Wednesdays.

I agree with you Olive. They do 2 hours at least a week. Thats the length of a film. Something has to give eventually.

What really annoys me apart from the poor storylines, they randomly stick it on a Thursday. Every monday, wednesday and fridays its on, then for no reason, a random thursday (nothing to do with football or tv awards or whatever). So watch Fridays then half way through, you realise that you missed a day. Its hilarious to think that people are actually paid to write the scripts.

I love the fact that one little backstreet can employ so many people. Just about everyone works, albeit in the factory, the pub, cornershop, garage, bistro, kebab shop, doctors surgery. People just walk out of one job into the next.