Coronation Street thread

Shogun

10 minutes ago, Padders said:

Well it seems the Rovers Return is struggling....

Like many pubs it is in danger of closing, the Rovers is a traditional pub with loyal customers...

But like many business's it's feeling the pinch of the cost of living crisis...

Therefore I would like to take this opportunity to reassure the clientele of "Padders Bar" that were in no danger of closing. After a modest increase in prices, the accounts are showing a small but healthy profit, although the Sambuca Cocktails are currently trading at a loss.

I can't raise the price of a Sambuca Cocktail for fear of repercussions.

I can also report that the INN-U-ENDO entertainment palace, is also under the cosh.

Please don't listen to any malicious gossip from the two SF rumour mongers.

Thank you,

The management........

Oh dear! :hihi:

That made me chuckle, Mr Padders! :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

So many holes in last night's episode in order to contrive the plot to kill off Stephen Reid, Audrey's son. 

Police all over Coronation St but they fail to spot him walking down the end of the road to the next street to be able to get into the boarded up Rovers. 

Jenny Bradley fails to tell police that she swiped Reid's passport so he couldn't leave the country while police flood the airport.  Peter Barlow says one of his taxi mates picked up someone who looked like Reid & brought him back to Coronation St.  Again, Barlow fails to tell the police. 

Middle of Summer, everyone is walking around in Summer clothes except for Adam Barlow who looks as he's dressed for winter, complete with thick leather gloves.  Gloves obviously later required when he has to rip hardboard panels off the front door to the Rovers. 

Finally, Peter Barlow is racing back in his taxi to Coronation St., where Reid is stood outside the Rovers with  broken bottle at Jenny Bradley's neck.

I turn to my wife & say, "You know what's going to happen don't you?  Barlow's going to end up getting back to the Street & knocking Reid over."

Exactly what happened.  

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

So many holes in last night's episode in order to contrive the plot to kill off Stephen Reid, Audrey's son. 

Police all over Coronation St but they fail to spot him walking down the end of the road to the next street to be able to get into the boarded up Rovers. 

Jenny Bradley fails to tell police that she swiped Reid's passport so he couldn't leave the country while police flood the airport.  Peter Barlow says one of his taxi mates picked up someone who looked like Reid & brought him back to Coronation St.  Again, Barlow fails to tell the police. 

Middle of Summer, everyone is walking around in Summer clothes except for Adam Barlow who looks as he's dressed for winter, complete with thick leather gloves.  Gloves obviously later required when he has to rip hardboard panels off the front door to the Rovers. 

Finally, Peter Barlow is racing back in his taxi to Coronation St., where Reid is stood outside the Rovers with  broken bottle at Jenny Bradley's neck.

I turn to my wife & say, "You know what's going to happen don't you?  Barlow's going to end up getting back to the Street & knocking Reid over."

Exactly what happened.  

It's not real you know. It's a TV show and continuity is always gonna be a problem. The actor who plays Peter is leaving, but Corrie bosses want to leave the door open for him, so he will probably get 6 years for Stevens death and come back in a few years. 

• 4 months later...

Well it's all kicking off again 

Tommy Orpington, Weatherfield County football legend, has been scoring with Tracy Macdonald...

Steve used to idolize Tommy O.

Now retired, Tommy is a painter and decorator and he's being doing a bit of "Stripping" at the Macdonald's.

Steve is devastated and will never support County again.

He's binned all his County souvenir's and wants to change his allegiance to another club.

Troubling times ahead!