Coronation Street thread

Shogun

3 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Can't recall that CAT-astrophe.

I remember "Bobby" getting stuck on the viaduct.

Stan Ogden went to rescue him, turned out it wasn't "Bobby"

Nail biting stuff.  😹

• 2 weeks later...

I've not watched Coronation Street for about 4 years. I used to be an avid viewer but it got so boring and cringeworthy, I gave up. Is Vic Reeves still in it? And that woman from Casualty? 

Anyway I heard on the news that viewing figures for it have dropped dramatically. Maybe after 50 odd years, it's time to call it a day. I love EastEnders though, it's been really good since the new producer took over.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the first episode of Coronation Street as I lived with my grandparents at the time and they watched it. 

I still do but, the story lines are too daft to be believed, I have to laugh. 

The amount of criminals, relationship merrygorounds, story lines too incredible to be remotely true and lack of humour has turned it into a farce. 

The likes of Ena uttering the line, "Are them fancies fresh?" is never to be enjoyed again. 

Regards

Duffems

52 minutes ago, DUFFEMS said:

I watched the first episode of Coronation Street as I lived with my grandparents at the time and they watched it. 

The amount of criminals, relationship merrygorounds, story lines too incredible to be remotely true and lack of humour has turned it into a farce. 

The likes of Ena uttering the line, "Are them fancies fresh?" is never to be enjoyed again. 

Regards

Duffems

Corrie, East Enders, Emmerdale all copy each others storylines,  plus the crap acting, the main reasons I don't watch any of them. :roll:

2 hours ago, DUFFEMS said:

Regards

Duffems

Some of the story lines back in the day were a bit daft..

I remember Ernie Bishop getting shot on a Monday night, and the Ambulance didn't arrive till Wednesday.

Mind you it wouldn't be so far stretched by todays standards..

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Corrie, East Enders, Emmerdale all copy each others storylines,  plus the crap acting, the main reasons I don't watch any of them. :roll:

And the cast of Holly oaks walk around like  its 112 in the shade, middle of winter :wow: 

(so HTSBO tells me :blush:

1 hour ago, Rockers rule said:

And the cast of Holly oaks walk around like  its 112 in the shade, middle of winter :wow: 

(so HTSBO tells me :blush:

To be fair I have never seen Holly Oaks,  I think it would be about as entertaining as reading Padders and Hackeys post.  :gag:K Pop No GIF by KINO