Coronation Street thread

Shogun

5 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Many years ago in an episode of Wagon Train, Flint McCullogh got himself abducted by three bad men and took a severe beating along the way. When our hero turned the tables and held the three at rifle point, the young me wanted him to smash the gun barrel into the ringleader’s face and such was my moral outrage I wanted him to do it for real. I told myself the baddy was only an actor but I didn’t care. Looking back, I suppose it was a tribute to his acting skills.

Watching Coronation Street tonight I was reminded of this long forgotten moment when I found myself wishing that Paul would hurry up and die (not for real this time, lol). For those not familiar with Paul, he’s not a baddy but someone with a terminal disease whose predicament the script writers have been milking for months. Am I a bad person for getting fed up and wanting his demise or is anyone else having similar dark thoughts?

I'm the same Jim, I never miss an episode of Corrie, but I did last Friday as it was dedicated to Rob Burrow's.

I thought he was due to die, so gave it a miss.

Yet their still milking it.

Hope Lauren's baby is ok.

Just now, Padders said:

I'm the same Jim, I never miss an episode of Corrie, but I did last Friday as it was dedicated to Rob Burrow's.

I thought he was due to die, so gave it a miss.

Yet their still milking it.

Hope Lauren's baby is ok.

Snap. I watched the first five minutes last week and switched it off.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...