Maybe he's basing it on other large scale fiascos:

Sevenstone

Bourbon Street

Airport

NCPM

Bus gate signage wrong

and although not in Sheffield, but still related:

Yes! project

And does anyone really think the Chinese Theme Park will be built?

Beat me to it!

I am 99.9% certain that this "sporting redevelopment" will never happen.

DVS will be flatend, the site will lay empty for five years whilst money is wrangled about and then eventually houses and a Sainsburys will be built on the site.

Oh, I was hoping they'd be opening another naked-girl-dancing-bar-thingy in Attercliffe :sad:

Sevenstone

Bourbon Street

Airport

NCPM

Bus gate signage wrong

Yes! project

I moved to Sheffield 10 years ago - purely out of interest, what/where was Bourbon Street?

EDIT: Quick google search suggests it was some kind of Centertainment forerunner - can anyone provide any other info?

I moved to Sheffield 10 years ago - purely out of interest, what/where was Bourbon Street?

EDIT: Quick google search suggests it was some kind of Centertainment forerunner - can anyone provide any other info?

It was going to be on the site near Meadowhall and TGI Fridays where they stick the fairground from time to time. I looked a unique and interesting project... so natrually it never happend.

Sevenstone

Bourbon Street

Airport

NCPM

Bus gate signage wrong

Yes! project

You are both very wise, and I bow down to your superior reasoning. Clearly no private investment should ever be proposed in Sheffield again. What a waste of other people's money.

DVS will be closing. What would you like to do with the site using your council tax?

It was going to be on the site near Meadowhall and TGI Fridays where they stick the fairground from time to time. I looked a unique and interesting project... so natrually it never happend.

Cheers. Come to think of it, what is NCPM?!

Exactly. It was a proposed New Orleans jazz themed food development that never made it off the drawing board. Centertainment eventually filled the gap.

Archived