Solicitors: Should they obey your wishes, or do their own thing?

Then report them. There's no harm in wording letters in the correct way but if you know lawyers who've gone against instructions they need reporting to the SRA. It's a disciplinary offence.

really, never knew that, cheers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moosey

Then report them. There's no harm in wording letters in the correct way but if you know lawyers who've gone against instructions they need reporting to the SRA. It's a disciplinary offence.

really, never knew that, cheers.

You know me. I'll always be honest about these things. I dislike lots about my profession, and I am happy to be open about it.

All I'll say is the media portrays a very different world to how law really is.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

He is, just spoken to him an hour ago.

Do you think he has good grounds to do so, Moosey? H e went through the lawyer's firm first, advised to email someone or other in the firm, then what steps if unhappy?

Regarding Family Law, and without going into too much at the moment, should lawyers sent out letters they think best, overruling their client's opinions and wishes, or follow their client to the T?

A relative has reached an impasse with his lawyer, who is insisting on sending out to 'the other party' a very short letter, and refused point blank to send out a more detailed letter based upon his own my relative's advice.

If there is no swearing, violent threats etc in a letter, are lawyers correct in trying to totally override what a client wants?

If the client's wishes are clearly utterly bonkers, or illegal, or just plain stupid...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanerothyme

We'll write the letter. Get Moosey to give it the once over, job done.

So what's the problem?

If she would be so very kind, be it a tad cheeky.

I'm a he but sure why not. :-)

Archived