Dear Forum.. Assaulted by a doorman

The police will be able to request the cctv. This might show that the doorman was the aggressor in which case, I would suspect you have a good case in civil court and possibly criminal court. You really need to establish what was caught on camera.

how was the doorman the aggressor?

This much seems clear from what you've said - you were assaulted and you've suffered injuries as a consequence. I'm not sure how you'd be able to persue it without a fair deal of legal clout on your side though. I would think it quite likely that the club in question would have their immediate environs covered by cctv; quite how you go about persuading them to let you see it is a different matter.

All cctv is accessible due to data protection.For a £10 fee you can make a data access request and all data held must be made available to the applicant,even cctv footage.

If the OP is being honest then I suggest that the doorman was the aggressor by virtue of forcefully pushing the OP, causing him to fall and injure himself.

If the doorman wanted to prevent the OP from approaching the other individual there would have been various things he could have done that were less violent.

They're supposedly trained to defuse violent situations without using excess violence themselves. To be fair we'd need to see the CCTV footage to know for sure whether the doorman went over the top. If the OP had been steaming in ready to let loose it might have been reasonable. Who knows.

If the OP is being honest then I suggest that the doorman was the aggressor by virtue of forcefully pushing the OP, causing him to fall and injure himself.

If the doorman wanted to prevent the OP from approaching the other individual there would have been various things he could have done that were less violent.

for example?

---------- Post added 13-03-2013 at 08:11 ----------

All cctv is accessible due to data protection.For a £10 fee you can make a data access request and all data held must be made available to the applicant,even cctv footage.

thats not correct - sorry. You have a right to ask, not a right to view.

So you got drunk and went to start a fight with someone you don't like.

A doorman stopped you and pushed you away.

You fault really, you should have gone home.

Not a good case for compensation, you'll probably loose you ass in court and face huge fees.

Archived