Dear Forum.. Assaulted by a doorman

Just because a doorman got in your way and shoved you off doesn't excuse the fact you shouldn't have been doing it in the first place.

What business was it of this 3rd party - the doorman?

This argument seems to be along the lines of:

Action A was wrong.

Action B was wrong.

Thus, Action C must be correct.

The doorman would have been intervening to stop a fight breaking out on his doorstep I assume?

As usual we only get one side of the story, was the other person being restrained by doormen also - or had they been convinced to leave or calm down?

Hi all,

This thread was started on my behalf. I am the victim of this assault.

As assumed throughout the replies I am a male, when in actual fact I'm a 22 year old female.

The details in the OP are the facts of what happened that evening.

Since the assault I have reported the incident to the police and had a visit the following day. All the policeman seemed interested in doing was putting me off making a statement saying I could myself be prosecuted if it went to court. He left leaving me with no option but not to pursue it.

The following day I had an operation to repair (not fix) my broken shoulder. I have 2 young boys to care for so have had to draft in family members to help me through this difficult period.

A solicitor is now on the case.

Maybe you should act with a bit more responsibilty with 2 young boys to care for. Nowt wrong with going out on the lash...everything wrong with not just getting in the taxi and going home.

The doorman would have been intervening to stop a fight breaking out on his doorstep I assume?

Do nightclubs own the street now? When did that happen?

As usual we only get one side of the story

Don't rush to a conclusion then.

It makes you look hasty, somewhat. :)

Why should it matter if you're a woman?

You still got drunk and went to have it out with someone.

You still should have gone home instead of go to fight.

Just because a doorman got in your way and shoved you off doesn't excuse the fact you shouldn't have been doing it in the first place.

Where have I said it mattered???

I already implied in the OP that it wasn't the brightest thing I'd done attempting to confront the other girl. And yes I should have gone home.

So what you're saying is a doorman is entitled to assault someone??

Having read up on the job description of a doorman, it states clearly that a doorman has no other rights than the man on the street. I was attacked by this man simply because I was involved in a verbal confrontation, nothing else!

---------- Post added 13-03-2013 at 15:59 ----------

Maybe you should act with a bit more responsibilty with 2 young boys to care for. Nowt wrong with going out on the lash...everything wrong with not just getting in the taxi and going home.

Thanks for that. And your opinion on the doorman assaulting me?

As usual we only get one side of the story, was the other guy being restrained by doormen also - or had he been convinced to leave or calm down?

My bold. Of course we do, and since this is a discussion forum and not a court of law we can only contribute on the basis that the OP is being honest.

The only people layering on further assumptions are those that add things like "you still should have gone home instead of go to fight". Adding further assumptions doesn't help in the slightest.

It's not about what she should have done, she knows that, it's what she should do now. I think she was assaulted, and should seek advice, which she is.

Actually that explains why you were pushed, not punched and because you would have been tottering around on high heels why you fell over.

Just for offending public sensibility a drunk woman staggering around shouting' lets 'av it out' should be prosecuted.

I wonder why the policeman whose time you wasted suggested you might be prosecuted too? He has probably seen the CCTV, seen the full picture, and given you sound advice.

Maybe the doorman was acting as a concerned bystander, seeing a drunken banshee approach another female who might have asked him for help.

As long as you are not on legal Aid I think you should go to Court and get what you deserve one way or the other. If you are on Legal Aid you might want to consider what right you have to it use on and what a great Society we live in that grants you that opportunity .

You sound like the sort of person I would despair of being a neighbour to.

If I am wrong and you are a nice person until you sniff the barmans apron then I apologize.

i find it hard to believe a doorman who is employed to watch the door would just step out and assault a random person on the street, if he witnessed them argueing its of no consequence to him, i dont think the OP has given the whole story here and may have worded his post so he looked like an innocent bystander attacked for no reason, if im wrong then of course he should take some action but i cant see a doorman who is 'working' bothering to assault someone at randon for no reason, the op did state he was drunk so maybe his recollection of exaxtly what happened is impaired

:hihi: < this smiley really doesnt do your statement justice, we need one of those really really big ones that roll around laughing.

Actually that explains why you were pushed, not punched and because you would have been tottering around on high heels why you fell over.

Just for offending public sensibility a drunk woman staggering around shouting' lets 'av it out' should be prosecuted.

I wonder why the policeman whose time you wasted suggested you might be prosecuted too? He has probably seen the CCTV, seen the full picture, and given you sound advice.

As long as you are not on legal Aid I think you should go to Court and get what you deserve one way or the other. If you are on Legal Aid you might want to consider what right you have to use on and what a great Society we live in that grants you that opportunity .

You sound like the sort of person I would despair of being a neighbour to.

If I am wrong and you are a nice person until you sniff the barmans apron then I apologize.

'Tottering round in high heels'?? I had flat shoes on.

'He has probably seen the CCTV' As of his visit to me he had not seen the CCTV therefore not seen the 'full picture'

Thank you for the apology.

Hi all,

This thread was started on my behalf. I am the victim of this assault.

As assumed throughout the replies I am a male, when in actual fact I'm a 22 year old female.

The details in the OP are the facts of what happened that evening.

Since the assault I have reported the incident to the police and had a visit the following day. All the policeman seemed interested in doing was putting me off making a statement saying I could myself be prosecuted if it went to court. He left leaving me with no option but not to pursue it.

The following day I had an operation to repair (not fix) my broken shoulder. I have 2 young boys to care for so have had to draft in family members to help me through this difficult period.

A solicitor is now on the case.

If your account is accurate then I wish you the best of luck in any legal action you and your solicitor pursue.

I hope you got a case number and the details of the police officer who tried to fob you off, so they can be brought to account for not doing their job and dealing with the assault.

Hopefully the thug who attacked you will lose his door licence.

Like I said before, try no to get too down about the negatvie posters on here- I'd forgotton just how vindicative people can be when they're hiding behind a keyboard- don't take it to heart. Hope you make a good recovery.

Archived