Sheffield a good place to grow old in?

Missing the bin collection because you were away tho is a massive pain in the bum.

The keyboard warriors on here should be used to that given the amount of time they spend on SF whinging. :rolleyes:

The closing of all public lavatories in Sheffield is going to be a bit of a drawback as far as growing old is concerned.

---------- Post added 13-03-2013 at 19:38 ----------

out of 10?;)

Indeed, tenth out of ten. But still excellent to be included in the list at all would you not say?

Does anyone think Sheffield is a good place to grow old in? and why or why not!!

Anyone who can't get out and likes to read books, books on tape or CD, large print or whatever, can get them delivered for free by the Home Library Service. The staff are brilliant and will bring a selection of books of your choice every four weeks. If you know someone who would like the service, phone 0114 2734277. Also see

http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/houseboundlibrary

They deliver to residential and nursing homes as well as to folks own homes.

My Dad loves the service. He says its a lifeline.

I would rather live by the sea or in the countryside, but I'm stuck here!

Why near the coast tho, you get a few decent months over the summer.

but the rest of the time it's a completely miserable place to live.

The towns are pretty small and poorly serviced and out of season there's no-one there.

I have heard of a few couples who thought it great to retire to some hill top house out in the wilds of Spain only to realise that once you lose your mobility or ability to drive, you are basically stuck and really have to relocate usually back to Britain.

Archived