New pope elected

Dont matter what the Pope says or thinks about the Falklands. He needs to concentrate his energies and efforts on repairing his dysfuctional church.

Apparently he took the named Francis because like Francis of Assissi he feels great compassion for the world's poor. Fair enough. A good start would be advocating birth control. That's one very effective way to reduce poverty

How does reducing the potential labour force reduce poverty?.Poverty is a distribution issue and is unrelated to production per se.

How does reducing the potential labour force reduce poverty?.Poverty is a distribution issue and is unrelated to production per se.

Surely that's a contradiction. First you intimate that reducing the labour force does not reduce poverty and then you say poverty is unrelated to production.

Perhaps you meant reproduction.

Surely that's a contradiction. First you intimate that reducing the labour force does not reduce poverty and then you say poverty is unrelated to production.

Perhaps you meant reproduction.

I understand the topic,but you could squeeze some reproduction in at a push.Are you a fan of Malthus-I prefer the views of Amartya Sen,the Indian economist.

You're thinking of Walter Malthus who was in the Odd Couple with Jack Lime.

I dont think you actually have a constructive point to make do you,and are using humour(!) to mask your ignorance.

I can understand plain English, at least enough to know that your post contradicted itself.

I can understand plain English, at least enough to know that your post contradicted itself.

I would explain the subtle nuances to you but feel it would be rather futile if you wish to hide behind 1970s corny jokes.Your simplistic views were fully ridiculed by all leading economists who applauded Sen's insight into poverty and famine.Why not read it yourself rather than persist in denial.

I would explain the subtle nuances to you but feel it would be rather futile if you wish to hide behind 1970s corny jokes.Your simplistic views were fully ridiculed by all leading economists who applauded Sen's insight into poverty and famine.Why not read it yourself rather than persist in denial.

What simplistic views are you talking about? The only view I've expressed is that your reply to Harleyman is contradictory.

Archived