I've bought myself a new laptop, what to do with the old one?

As you can see from the title of this thread, I have bought myself a new laptop, well a new MacBook Pro and I'm thinking what to do with the Laptop? Its perfectly serviceable apart from a battery that is getting close to the end of its life, but if its plugged in, it works just as well as a desktop.

Specification is as follows:

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

CPU: Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T9300 @ 2.50GHz

RAM: 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 (5-5-5-15)

Graphics: (1680x1050@60Hz) 256MB Quadro FX 360M (Dell)

Hard Drives: 75GB TOSHIBA MK8052GSX ATA Device (SATA)

Optical Drives: TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H ATA Device

Audio: High Definition Audio Device

This laptop came to me free, so it should go to someone who would have need of it also free.

Can anyone give me any ideas of how I can give this to someone who would make good use of it? Maybe someone who otherwise might be without a PC? I'm thinking of maybe a family that has no computer for the children to do their homework on etc?

As you can see from the title of this thread, I have bought myself a new laptop, well a new MacBook Pro and I'm thinking what to do with the Laptop? Its perfectly serviceable apart from a battery that is getting close to the end of its life, but if its plugged in, it works just as well as a desktop.

Specification is as follows:

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

CPU: Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T9300 @ 2.50GHz

RAM: 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 (5-5-5-15)

Graphics: (1680x1050@60Hz) 256MB Quadro FX 360M (Dell)

Hard Drives: 75GB TOSHIBA MK8052GSX ATA Device (SATA)

Optical Drives: TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H ATA Device

Audio: High Definition Audio Device

This laptop came to me free, so it should go to someone who would have need of it also free.

Can anyone give me any ideas of how I can give this to someone who would make good use of it? Maybe someone who otherwise might be without a PC? I'm thinking of maybe a family that has no computer for the children to do their homework on etc?

Good on you:thumbsup: What a thoughtful thing to do.

I have had a few PM's asking for the laptop but I really want to give it to a charity group that will insure its passed to the right person/family. I've found Lowtech but they appear to be pretty vague on who gets the equipment.

Does anyone know of any charity I can take this laptop too?

I would really prefer to give this laptop to a charity that would give it to someone who has no computer for what ever reason. Someone else, even a charity, making money from its sale, is not what I would want.

Archived