Anybody else getting daft car quotes

If we knew how to beat the system then they'd only go and change it!

I found that by increasing the annual mileage made my insurance cheaper. I used to insure my car for "up-to 12,000 miles". However, one year I decided to change that to "up-to 14,000 miles" as I was going to be commuting further, and the premium went down by about £20 or £30.

I did it again for "up-to 16,000 miles" and it went down again.

It started to climb up at 18,000 miles though.

anybody else getting daft car quotes

looking at getting a bmw 325td m reg 1993 but getting quotes at £541 to £2000k im 44 yrs old even tried classic insurance for it and stated only 3000 mile usage

also quotes are asking for ncb which never applied before and some are stating car needs to be 25yrs and over and garaged ????

tried loads of classic companys,sureterm,lancasters,peter best,peter james,footman james,adrian flux etc

only cost me £140 for my mk1 golf 1.8 karmann clipper last year with ncb affecting it on classic car insurance

any body got any inside info :confused::help:

Try Frank pickles

been their done it and done it again with my son 17yr 1.0 micra £2300 that was 5yrs ago for a £500 car

car in my name 1yr ncb and my son named on insurance :loopy:

20 yr old daughter has a punto 1.2 my name 5yrs ncb with daughter named on it £1353 cheapest quote in dec 2012

point is i paid £140 for a 1.8 petrol mk1 golf and now want a bmw 2.5td diesel and cheap est is £541

only do up to 3000 miles at 44yr old :confused:

Fronting an insurance policy is a good way to have it refused in the future and put all future premiums up. It is against the terms of any car insurance.

If there is a claim on a fronted policy it won't be paid out if they realise the insurance has been purchased fraudulently; it is very easy for the insurance companies to work out who really drives the car most, as the main driver.

For those who say their insurance has gone up for no reason; it has gone up because people abuse the insurance system! False claims, crash for cash, people who say to the investigator "I never claim anything I don't" but get sucked in by a claims company egging them on to claim for a slight twinge in their neck - THAT is why your insurance goes up! If you realised what it really costs for a claim to be completed and to get £1,000 in compensation maybe people would stop claiming for stupid non-injuries.

Fronting an insurance policy is a good way to have it refused in the future and put all future premiums up. It is against the terms of any car insurance.

If there is a claim on a fronted policy it won't be paid out if they realise the insurance has been purchased fraudulently; it is very easy for the insurance companies to work out who really drives the car most, as the main driver.

For those who say their insurance has gone up for no reason; it has gone up because people abuse the insurance system! False claims, crash for cash, people who say to the investigator "I never claim anything I don't" but get sucked in by a claims company egging them on to claim for a slight twinge in their neck - THAT is why your insurance goes up! If you realised what it really costs for a claim to be completed and to get £1,000 in compensation maybe people would stop claiming for stupid non-injuries.

I'm sure that insurance companies do come down on people fronting policies, and so they should, but I'm less sure that they are likely to find out. The likely thing to alert them could be someone having more than one policy, but then they'd still need some on the ground checks to be certain.

Why are you using your NCB on your daughter's car. Are you pretending you are the main driver and then admitting it on a public forum? Good luck if you need to make a claim.

Most insurance companies make a loss due to everyone claiming whiplash and hire cars and what not.

well put it this way £3000+ in her name with o ncb or £1300 with my 5yrs ncb or even cheaper to have no insurance at all like a lot on the road at present

so yes i do use the car but my daughter does aswell

---------- Post added 16-03-2013 at 11:15 ----------

Nice of you to admit committing insurance fraud on the forum.

so its fraud to drive x2 cars as it depends what shift my daughter is on at work

yes the police know the real score with young drivers driving their parents car but would you rather them have insurance or none at all.

If someone hit your car i know which one i would pick.

why does certain people on sf always so quick to point the finger

---------- Post added 16-03-2013 at 11:16 ----------

Ha yeah you seen it then :D

Just saw back of it going on to a drive

i am the one in the red mk1 golf cabrio

---------- Post added 16-03-2013 at 11:20 ----------

well that rules me out not had a claim in over 20yrs

only got 5yrs ncb as i used to have a company van for the last 16yrs

wife has full ncb with protection still paying £350 for a 1.5 diesel

I think what you have to remember is this, yes an 18 year old might be driving around in a £200 bag of dog dirt nissan micra.

BUT

He could drive that car into a brand new Rolls Royces causing £1000s pounds worth of damage, he could then drive his £200 micra into a passing millionaire causing £10000000s of pounds of cost to the millionaire and he could then drive his £200 micra into a petrol service station, crash into one of the pumps, blowing up the entire forecort and cost £100000000s of damage and kill half a dozen people in the process

So when you think about it £3000 car insurances costs are minimal when you compare what may happen

It's a complete nightmare for drivers young and old these days. I remember when I passed my test, was 18 in 1983, I bought a 3LTR Capri GT and paid £90 tpft for the year. The car cost around £800 (probably equiv to £7000 today), but back then we weren't living in the ambulance chasing society we have today.

---------- Post added 16-03-2013 at 16:29 ----------

I think what you have to remember is this, yes an 18 year old might be driving around in a £200 bag of dog dirt nissan micra.

BUT

He could drive that car into a brand new Rolls Royces causing £1000s pounds worth of damage, he could then drive his £200 micra into a passing millionaire causing £10000000s of pounds of cost to the millionaire and he could then drive his £200 micra into a petrol service station, crash into one of the pumps, blowing up the entire forecort and cost £100000000s of damage and kill half a dozen people in the process

So when you think about it £3000 car insurances costs are minimal when you compare what may happen

You've got that wrong mate, it's rocketed because EVERYONE CLAIMS these days, slightest nudge and it's a £3k whiplash claim. Oh I had 3 other passengers and they all have whiplash and loss or earnings.

Nearly everybody puts the largest claim in they can. There are no more expensive cars on the road now than 30 years ago. I can drive 20 miles to the other side of Sheffield and never pass a car worth more than £10k in rush hour.

unfortunately sheffield isnt the best place to get car insurance. I live in S10 a part of sheffield that most people would agree is reasonably nice, the car is registered as off road private parking doing less than 8K a year. However when i was living in preston last year my insurance was around £250 less. (24yo with an average insurance price of around £800, on a 1.2 polo). I was getting quotes of around 6-800 in preston but get quotes of around 750-1000 here.

And another thing i notice is that at my age ncb seems to count for very little. I did an experiment and put in 0 ncb and then 7yrs ncb and the difference was less than £75

Archived