Djembe Beats - Sheffield drumming circle

Calling all rhythmically-minded individuals who love a bit of African drumming music and are looking to start drumming in a friendly, social and informal way for free! Anyone with the enthusiasm to meet up and share great musical beats and energy, to create, together, catchy and addictive rhythms in a friendly, relaxed way should post here!

I have two original Djembe drums from Ghana, great sound - and have been on a drumming course, but it ended, and now I want to continue. For a great sound with good depth it would be great to get a local circle together and make more rhythms!. Just improvising and experimenting together can produce some great sounds.

Spring is not far away - an outdoor venue like a Ecclesall/Graves/ Bingham park could be ideal - close to good food grub and places for a drink after too.. Indoor venues - may be the uni buildings or a church hall .

Any ideas, interest, suggestions welcome!

Sal

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi Guys. Just in case you're interested I run both beginner and intermediate classes in Sheffield. Check out my website for more info: http://www.africandrummingsheffield.co.uk

Either way, good luck in your search for like minded people to play with (actually some of my students might be interested if you manage to get something going).

Jon

How much do you charge for your evening classes Jon ?

• 5 weeks later...

Archived