Cameron pulls the plug on Leveson talks: Good or bad? (for him)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/mar/14/leveson-reforms-cameron-talks-gamble

It seems Mr C has pulled the plug on cross-party talks on how to implement the Leveson recommendations.

Is he showing (as the article purports) 'strong leadership'...Or was the whole Leveson thing a waste of time and (lots) money?

It was within a few hours of Lord Leveson announcing his report that Cameron distanced himself from its findings. Despite saying before Leveson started taking evidence that he would implement the reforms in full.

It really is a shame that this historic opportunity to sort out the pigsty of a press that we have has been squandered.

I know that the press are against such reforms, but the gutter press are truly out of control, and their antics leading up to Leveson were stomach churning.

The press are vociferously against unelected powers (trade unions), vested interests (doctors and teachers organisations), and towing the line on law and order, and preserving civil liberties. What a stinking bunch of hypocrites!

I hope Cameron isn't breaking ranks to curry favour with the guttersnipes!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/mar/14/leveson-reforms-cameron-talks-gamble

It seems Mr C has pulled the plug on cross-party talks on how to implement the Leveson recommendations.

Is he showing (as the article purports) 'strong leadership'...Or was the whole Leveson thing a waste of time and (lots) money?

The Guardian says Cameron is showing strong leadership :o Has hell frozen over already?

Cameron and his mates are a f******** disgrace.

A couple of days back I was talking to a mate about the Jeremy Hunt part of this storey and we both laughed about seeing the footage of Jeremy Hunt hiding from the press as he was caught red handed where he knew he shouldn't have been and how the toad lied about it at Leveson when half the world had seen the footage.

The footage seems to have been removed from the internet and that slime-ball gets a promotion.:loopy:

This Government are certainly not working for us.

The Guardian says Cameron is showing strong leadership :o Has hell frozen over already?

No. The Guardian is reporting that Cameron's aides are hoping it will make people think he is a strong leader - which is not the same thing.

I don't think the Guardian article is saying that, I read it that his aides were saying he was showing strong leadership.

Well here is yet another chance for Cleggmeister Junior to try and show some backbone when it is debated in Parliament. They didn't show any over secret trials or the mansion tax or student loans so lets see what he does this time.

Archived