Sheffield Clarion Ramblers

peterw

• 2 weeks later...

New ' Sheffield Clarion' web site under construction which includes , Sheffield Fellowship Wincobank, Sheffield Clarion Club House Dore Moor, Sheffield Clarion Cycling club, National Clarion Easter Meets.

Anyone interested in looking at , or has anything to contribute to the web site

i.e. documents - photos or written memories , please contact me on ' pm's '

• 6 months later...

Article in Guardian newspaper (24/4/2007 )by Roy Hattersley mentioned that Dame Grace Tebbutt ran the Clarion tea hut on the Sheffield to Hathersage road. I am presuming that this hut was situated on the Clarion Club House land at Dore Moor.

Does anyone have any more information about her involvement in the Clarion movement ? Her name does not appear in the club house share register book.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I believe my grandparents were members of the clarion ramblers.

My gran often spoke about their walks in the countryside. I believe they also took part in the trespass over edale ?

Does anyone remember them...

Joesph and Winniefred Crookes from walkley.

If anyone has any photos I'd love to see them

My gran was also in a cycling club - but I know little about that.

cheers

s

I believe my grandparents were members of the clarion ramblers.

My gran often spoke about their walks in the countryside. I believe they also took part in the trespass over edale ?

Does anyone remember them...

Joesph and Winniefred Crookes from walkley.

If anyone has any photos I'd love to see them

My gran was also in a cycling club - but I know little about that.

cheers

s

If I find anything. I'll let you have it.

Roughly what year(s) were they in the Clarion?

Hello,

Thanks for this ! I believe 30's and 40's but I think they were more active in the thirties.

It'd be really cool if you have some information about them as I remember my gran speaking about rambling but I have nothing tangible :(

There is a Ernest Crookes address in 1921, 265 Chesterfield Rd.

who bought a share in the Clarion Club House, Dore Moor, Sheffield, on 25.5. 1921

The club house was situated on the Hathersage Rd between the Dore Moor pub and Fox House, it was built in 1920 demolished at the end of the 1960's.

Perhaps your grandparent?

There is a Ernest Crookes address in 1921, 265 Chesterfield Rd.

who bought a share in the Clarion Club House, Dore Moor, Sheffield, on 25.5. 1921

The club house was situated on the Hathersage Rd between the Dore Moor pub and Fox House, it was built in 1920 demolished at the end of the 1960's.

Perhaps your grandparent?

I'm still not able to hook up to your website. Have I got the correct Address?

After your e-mail I hooked up to - To be annouced shortly.

and I think that it looks very, very good.

More supporting material from anyone, even copies would enhance the Clarion site.

If anyone as got any minor bit of information about the Clarion Club's and Clarion Club house that was built and used, on Hathersage Road. Opposite the Sheep Hill Road Junction. ( I think that a horse stable is there now )

Please let Gaye have it or contact her.